600w hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bmxodysseymike, Aug 31, 2012.

1. How far should I keep this from my plants? I just got it today and I was growing with cfls it's a 85,000 lumen bulb.

2. 12-24" or so

put your hand under it, if it starts feeling warm after a minute move the light up till it doesn't

3. [​IMG][/IMG]

Heres the new set up ;)

4. Looks nice! Out of curiosity, how many CFL's did you have in there? How long have you vegged so far?

5. Man lookin good. Hopefully youve switched to 12/12.

6. i had 18 cfl bulbs it was such a pain in the ass and my closet looked like a jungle of wires -.- i cant believe i didnt get an hid from the start just all around better and more energy efficient that having 100 bulbs and i veged these girls for a month.

7. Looks like my setup! Check the link in my sig, I'm running some t5's to veg but my flowering closet is VERY similar!

8. [quote name='"hello ladies"']Looks like my setup! Check the link in my sig, I'm running some t5's to veg but my flowering closet is VERY similar![/quote]

I'm using cfls in another closet to veg other plants I have :) my old set up

9. cfl's worked great for you for veg good looking plants ;]

10. [quote name='"dwel"']cfl's worked great for you for veg good looking plants ;][/quote]

Yeah I know I was surprised I was expecting my plants to die or something beings its my first grow but now pretty confident after learning a shit load of stuff except for this damn aphid problem can't get rid of em

11. [quote name='"Bmxodysseymike"']

Have you used the stuff you linked me?[/quote]

Well I just looked into it people are saying its really safe and it's works so I'm probably gonna give it a shot

12. I haven't yet. I had a mite infestation on a prior plant that died off, so I've been doing homework since I figure it's going to show up at flower again... this seems the most popular/safest organic option, lots of general (not just cannabis) people raving about it

obviously keep it away from buds. also look into how putting a layer of sand on your soil can eliminate an infestation in about a week.

13. [quote name='"hello ladies"']I haven't yet. I had a mite infestation on a prior plant that died off, so I've been doing homework since I figure it's going to show up at flower again... this seems the most popular/safest organic option, lots of general (not just cannabis) people raving about it

obviously keep it away from buds. also look into how putting a layer of sand on your soil can eliminate an infestation in about a week.[/quote]

I wouldn't say I'm infested but soon to be if don't so something I been slowing them down with a soap spray and diatomaceous earth the spray kills them but there going in the drainage holes not so much on top cause I have the DE on top . But my problem seems to be more in the coco than on the plant itself so I'd like something I could water my plants with? That stuff I think is a spray on application? Idk, this is frustrating