600w hps vs 2x300w mars led

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hg420, Jul 31, 2017.

1. So i was wondering how much would it be difrent on costs of electrixity if i switch from 600w hps to 2x300w led , becouse my energy bill increased 4 times now :D i was paying 30£ a month now its 120£. Thanks in advance ![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. like comparing a lighthouse to a candle

not fair comparison

tho the led is a popular with noobs

this could be a step too far back

IMO Move to Spain ...lol

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. The LED works fine... the only thing to consider is that it's only 135W... so if you had 600 true watts in mars hydro 300's it would easily compare to a 600W HID...

Grow journal

4. I think you're cutting it in half but getting half the light.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. So for 4' x 4' tent how many led lights would you suggest ?

6. IMO 4 would do you okay... 6 would be better or 8 I mean litterially as much as you could fit... but generally they are good for single plants in flower... if veg'd long enough each plant can get 4 ounces if grown well... so expect 3-4 ounces per light if you veg out long enough... you can check out my journal to get an idea of sizes.. but I mean really the 600W HID is a good light... it'd be worth just continuing running the 600 and add a couple of the mars hydro 300's to bump of the yield. And to cover any weak spots on the edges of the canopy to keep everything nice and dense

Grow journal

7. Wat makes it's 120 a month

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. By tents 1.5mx1.5mx1.8 I've got 2x600hps 3 leds

9. So i have 600w hps , what is the max number of autos i can grow ? Would it work for 6 ?

10. Easy mate

11. But remember more plants don't mean more yield more light means more yield u could have 10 plants under 600 and get less than 6 plants under 1000

12. Yeah but now i have 2 plants on 600w so im wondering can i increase number of plants for maximum yield of my grow space

13. My mate has litterally just harvested 30oz off 10 plants under a 600w hps. He had them in 15l autopots in a 1mx1m space.

I was pretty impressed at that effort to be fair

14. Well if you got alot allot of plants under a 600 watt you need side lighting lots of side lighting I use the led light bulbs it's better than the cfls because it won't heat up it stays cool and cfl if it breaks It has mercury in it and led runs at half the cost and last long than a spiral cfl trust me side lighting is a must if you want a monster

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Can you give me a link what leds you using ?

16. Lol that candle to a lighthouse statement is true but i think he is confused led is by far and handally beats hps in specrum performance heat and use the only thing hps might have is size but really is that a good thing.also remember led cannot be compared by watts that are advertised but in fareness hps is the big bat and led is a scalpel

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. [​IMG] $20 led light dollar tree pot fan and dirt 2 ounces of nock out godberry "scalpel" $9 elec bill bump

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app