600w hps vs. 1000w hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DocW, Jun 30, 2011.

1. I am nearing the time when i can upgrade my grow op. My flowering room will be 8x12x6. Im thinking of running 3 lights inside there, all in a row. Lengthwise i will be using all available space for plants/pots. Will the yield produced by three 1000W hps lamps be worth the additional heat and power consumption versus running three 600w hps lamps? How noticable will the difference in bud density be, not only at the top colas, but the rest of the plant as well? If i end up taking the 600w route, i will also be experimenting with supplimental LED lighting in the form of 90w blue spectrum UFO's, one per 600. I will be using co2 enrichment.

2. Imho, most stationary HID lamps should be used on squares of 5gal buckets that are one bucket wide for every 200w. This allows space for topped, multi-headed plants and up to a couple of inches of room between buckets. With a 400, I'd use a square of four buckets. With a 600, a square of nine buckets. Sixteen for an 800 and twenty-five under a 1000w.

A more SoG operation with fewer, untopped plants could fit more.