600W Hps Ventilation Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MD to NC, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I will have a 2x4x5 tent with 600w dimmable HPS and 435 cfm 6in inline fan.My main question is would I be able to setup my ventilation like this: light -> duct -> fan -> duct to hole in tent. So basically the air in the tent would be sucked over the light and out of the tent. I think this is called passive intake? Would this provide enough to cool the tent and provide proper circulation? Should I put some duct on the other side of the light and just lay it on the bottom of the tent or not? I've included a (terrible) sketch to show what I mean. I will eventually be putting a filter on that side.

Attached Files:

2. #2 NGP, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    You got it right. If you look at my grow in my sig, I have exactly that setup. A passive intake at the base of the room to suck in fresh air, from the pressure of my inline fan which is pulling air through the (soon to be) carbon filter, then hood, then exhausts out. The fan is placed behind the hood in that order, so it pulls everything through. That's the optimal direction for flow on these inlines, to pull air through the filter then hood. That passive intake is just a bonus that comes with the principles of pressure. For my setup, it's like having free AC because of where I have the tube in my passive intake connected to.

You'll see my passive intake at the floor base of my flower room.

3. thanks for the info dude, plants look good.