600w HPS organic Purple Kush

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grandsouls, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Tis the beginning of a beautiful chapter. Clones are tight at 6 and 9 nodes, very tight plants.

And thee beautiful bud growth has now begun ! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Watered my flowering plants weakened a bunch of fungus nats!???? Where the hell did they come from !? Litterally yesterday actually forever I have seen zero wtf!?

3. Humidity is only 28% and I don’t over water ? Uggghhh :,(

4. Do they dislike / or like heat?
    My room lights off has been dropping to around 60 or so lately

5. jeeze hope those fungus gnats dissappear, givem a dry spell it may help.. What do u mean by heat? My plants curled in mid 80’s. were fine when i brought temp back down... And even with a humidifier, my extraction sucks the humidity out, i know your pain in that area my friend

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good looking plants though!! Can’t wait to see how mine form in a week. Just topped em (hopefully didnt merk)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks!
    I meant my temps have been real low
    If that makes a difference.
    Iv gotta take action ASAP to take them before reproduce to much

8. Lights off, 60+, not the worse. I think in an ideal situation a 10 degree difference isnt the nice, acclimatization. I mean even low 70’s during light on i would be satisfied with if thats my off temp. I like to shoot for 65-69 lights off and 77 lights on... Of course this rarely happens lol.

My temps will be low 70s after watering with lights on, and when they begin to dry i swear it pushes 80. I actually threw some little flowers in my tent to hopefully get some temp and humidity under control (they aren’t out of control, just not what i would consider ideal)

They are life. Life wants to live.
    Gotta remember that

I know theres many outdoor growers where temps fluctuate quite a bit. And the CA growers west of the desert, when that wind comes in i bet it drops to 10% RH and had a big difference between night and day

9. Yah lights on it’s about 68-70 :)

Temps not concerned they like cool climate

But was just more concerned factoring in the gnats

10. yeah the gnats jeesh thats a scary one, maybe fly traps for the parents, when ur plants look healthy let them get dry so their begging for water (may help reduce larvae)

Or another route i hear is diametious earth (top soil that dehydrates insects essentially) Harmless to plant.

Predatory mites.
    Neem oil??
    I also here some homemade solutions would work. I have no expertise in this so i am just trying to share ideas and hopefully help.

We’ll get an expert in here yet!

11. Excellent :) thanks
    - stop watering
    - Fly trap / tape
    - cinnamon
    - chamomile tea or neem oil
    - hydrogen peroxide
    - add perlite 2 - 3 inches / till pot full

12. Cinnamon did wonders. All adults not visible today.

Treated with hydrogen peroxide and chamomile tea today whilst feeding
    Fingers crossed

13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All is well, two weeks in flower now, still a little bumbed about the topping of all those mid branches and then training all ripped up, so middle bits are going to be taking a loss, ah well though what can you do.
    Long outside branches well over 20 inches long though and there is well over 10 of them
    Second her clone beside her also doing well and impressive.

14. [​IMG]
    Little clone area doing good, growin strong :) very healthy genetics quite pleased
    Quite slow growing but the flowering time is short. And heavy yielder I read.

15. #96 Grandsouls, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Doing well, cinnamon an chamomile has warded off fungus as well I have seen zero flies. Hydrogen peroxide has hopefully destroyed all larvae as well it has made my soil extremely fluffy and airy. The picture of the soil is the oldest girl. Her soil was very shitty, and hard clay like soil. Top surface was always hard.
    It sponged up and expanded, I’m quite impressed to be honest, not only that but plants look exceptional today
    & note it was essentially rock hard above solid dirt only slightly softer when watered. Raised like 2 inches total and 3-4 inches in the center where it was sunken the most

16. & I did 40%, 3% hydrogen peroxide and 60 % water. It foamed on & in the soil. Since it’s a old white bucket I can see shadows & roots on side etc, I could see bubbles all over interested in trying this again

17. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Few pics before an after lights on. Little starts to buds popping up everywhere
    Doing well defoliation tonight.
    Clones doing good, fimmed or topped idk pinched tip off though not that carefully lol.
    Forgot how tight weed grew under some cfls :)

18. [​IMG][​IMG]

What will probably be the last heavy defoliation is done.
    Time to sit an watch em bloom ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG]

She’s burnt oh lord

Flushing flushing flushing