600w hps.grow tent. master kush&ICE all hydro first time advice needed

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by bennyweed, Jan 26, 2009.

1. #1 bennyweed, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    Whats happening people? Names billy bob thornton and as the title so nicely puts it, this is my first hydro go at, so steer me clear.......
    of mad disaster if so you see it about to happen.......

Keep in mind everything i do now is somewhat temporary, so with no further ado I proudly present.... The OH SHIT hydro tour :confused::confused:.

Well where do I begin? Im gonna try and build a drip sys. inside a 2x4 grow tray then im gonna try again and build a ebb&flow sys. inside a 2x4 tray. I got pictures of what I did and done so far.

I would like to show you the stuff i have first in preperation
    Pic uno is a RO/DI water system I ordered

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-REEF-RO-DI...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Pic two is the grow tent that isnt here yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/HYDROPONICS-GRO...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Alll the lights I have to mix and match with once flowering time comes around

[​IMG]

Now here are the pics of the flower tray i built..let me know what you think

2x4 drip tray and the over fill drain i gotta install

[​IMG]

drain installed
    [​IMG]

hole i drilled for the drip lines, looking at it now i wish i put the hole closer to the outter wall
    [​IMG]

all assembled with two gallon square pots to home mommy plants
    [​IMG]

on my temporary ghetto made table above its rubbermaid 18g resv.
    [​IMG]

Working how it is supposed to....im happy!!!:smoking::smoking:
    [​IMG]

so what you think gc, is it worthy enough to home fine little creatures?

Now here is what I currently have going on...:cool:

[​IMG]

Not gonna lie, looking forward to see how this lettuce works out
    [​IMG]

Nice frosty little cola from exhibit A
    [​IMG]

This lil girl is like 5 inches tall and has more little nugs then fan leafs, so beautifl!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here are some pics of the ebb n flow tray i built that will be going inside my tent!:D

I originally planned on just hanging my 600w hps cooltube and then surrounding my little creatures with the individual 2fx2f LED panels I have....change is what Obama calls it...so now I kind of want to add that old school 400 hps but i know i wont be able to keep the heat down with that guy on, makes way to much heat. What do you think, should I try it?

The nutes I picked out are all organic and i also will need some cal-mad i think....not real sure, what are some really good nute programs?
    I must admit Im super impressed with the quailty of parts I was able to get to build this...its looks real professional to me and I cant wait to see it all inside of my tent!
    The resv. I fould is made out of this real strong plastic that doesnt bend like a rubbermaid and it has latches so when i add the foam tape around the lid it will make a real nice seal so nothing gets in or out. I have a real nice 12inch airstone i will keep inside also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to veg plants for a month under 6 T8 6500k day light floras in my drip tray and then move to my tent with the ebb and flow tray. Now that real question is, WHAT DOES GC THINK?:cool:

2. lookin good bud.

question about the pics of the budding plant:
    i see white dots on the leaves, it looks like u may have spider mites?

3. #3 bennyweed, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    Thanks for the comment....I gave them a little foiler spray the night prior cause i keep the soil dry up until i have to water. I dont even know what type of plants those are...they were effin free with the seeds I purposely bought. Just hatched open growing nugs right out of the dirt. They were labeled CR2-F what ever the hell that means!!

4. #4 bennyweed, Jan 26, 2009
    I wanted to build a real simple bubblier cloner. I really like the resv. I found, it has a countersunk lid so any spilled water will run right back into the resv. All i really had to do was drill holes and add a shit load of air stones.

I added straight tap water, couple 2 or 5 drops of super-thrive, some clonex rooting compound..wrapped the cuts in a foam plug them inserted into the 2" pots....and tossed'em into the lid. I am really excited to see if this cloning machine works, cost me like 30 dollars to build......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Professional lighting...lol

[​IMG]

5. I love it, I burn one down :smoking: get on this forum and look for hours!! Looking at other threads make me drool!

6. Looking at your thread makes ME drool :yummy:

7. I notice you trimmed your leaves, what is the purpose of that?

8. Reduces transpiration and so the newly forming roots don't have to initially support as much leaf.

9. #9 bennyweed, Jan 26, 2009
    So I was bored and decided to get some pics together of my two mother plants I keep them real trimmed because I do not want huge ladies...no one likes a BIG lady..hahaha. These mommy plants stay breathing solely to supply me with cuttings.:smoke:

This pic is of ICE, cant wait to see her buds someday..as white as the driven snow
    [​IMG]

This pic is of Masterkush, I can not keep her trimmed enough.she grows super quick
    [​IMG]

And this is a leaf off the masterkush, 11 spades pretty impressive I think and that other stuff is little pop corn buds i trimmed to see how the high feels..cant wait
    [​IMG]

10. #10 bennyweed, Jan 26, 2009
    Hey again friendly GC :wave: I managed to round up some updates of my clones. I put everything into their 4in rockwool cubes because I will be leaving for four days and I wanted room for roots if I am that lucky and manage to get some. How does everything look so far?? Im nervous doing this hydro thing for the first time. My PPM is at 250 and PH is 5.5 and im using Technaflora Pura vida nuts, each one part. one for grow 4-6-3 and one for bloom 2-6-6, I am also adding about 10-15drops of super thrive.....the ph keeps going up about .2 everyday when I check it, is this normal? Before I leave should I lower the ph to 5.0?:confused:

SinceI will be using RO/DI water, it will have a constant 000ppm to start with, do my nutes supply all the trace elements plants need with out showing decency or will I need some type of separate additive. Im thinking technaflora B. seaweed, or does someone have a better suggestion all together?

And here is something a little off topic, this is my baby I saved up for while I was in the military!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvkrdB66PG4"]YouTube - 350z burn out[/ame]

Attached Files:

11. Nice setup man. Plants look great!

12. Well I left all my little ladies until Thursday, I hope when I return home I will have roots in both my bubblier and my drip system. Wish me luck.....:rolleyes:

13. great thread Ill be around man.

I was in the Marines did you go to iraq/afgan?

14. #14 bennyweed, Jan 30, 2009
    Thanks for the comment buddy. I never went to Iraq or Afghanistan I did a four year in the AF and worked on jets. Never saw to much action. South Carolina and South Korea then I got out. It was a good time I guess Korea was damn fun.

Anyways, I must say I am a little disappointed because none of the cuttings in my bubblier have even attempted to make roots (damn bitchs). Time Time Time...I'm just a little inpatient and/or really excited to see if it works. Now the cuttings in my drip system are doing a little bit better but...... they've been there longer --I think about day 19....3 out of the 7 have started developing roots and all 3 are ICE. My masterkush is doing noting... they still look as healthy as they did the day I cut them. Its weird the ice is all yellow like it supposed to be because roots are starting but my MK looks like its just a reg. plant. Whatever though, time will tell what’s going on. I think everything is taking longer because its winter and it’s so damn cold out you have to wrap yours nuts in a scarf. Plus utilities are so damn much I keep my heat around 63is. Plants sense that shit (at least mine do) and don’t want corporate. Plus Im not home for four days out of the week and my Ph jumps to about 7.5 when I check it again. That will be changing in the next 3 weeks so I’ll have to battle it for now.

On a different note both my grow tent and RO filter arrived yesterday and am I impressed!! The quality of both things is great. The outside of my grow tent is like a camping tent material but thicker and fabric is way tighter feeling. Then the inside is of this real thick white plastic lining that is super shiny. The zippers are giants also. The RO filter I bought looks effin sweet, like almost presentable. Have not hooked it up yet because I can’t but I can tell just by looking at it that it will work great. I'll get pictures soon, the stuff is at a different place. It will be a good 3 weeks before I can really use any of it though.

My clones and the last tiny attached pics is the last of the shakey stuff I have left from a plant long ago. Real nice budskis...real good high what more do you need?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. im enjoying this one

16. The meter man came around today and read all the meters on my block, really wigged me out for a second..thought the dude was trying to break into my casa. Almost busted out my M-4 carbine :eek:

17. Hey GC its been a long while but I am proud to announce I have my final grow space all set up. I really am in love with my grow tent and cant wait to see my yields. I just bought a screen today to hang up inside the tent but couldnt find anything strong enough to cut through the wire. Ill have to buy some bolt cutters I think. I have my two mother plants in the grow tent sitting in my ebb & flow tray(not running yet). I decided to flower them because I will make two new mommy plants out of my cuttings. So far all my cuttings in rockwool have roots starting, Im guessing in another week Ill be seeing new growth, how exciting. How does it look GC, any suggestions???

Can anyone help me with my watering schedule in my drip system. Right now I have it set up to water for 24 minutes everything 3 hours. Is this to much or to little??

FINAL RESTING PLACE FOR MY DRIP SYSTEM, CLONES ARE COMING ALONG NICELY
    [​IMG]

MY TWO MOMMY PLANTS UNDER THE 600W HPS IN THE GROW TENT SITITNG IN MY EBB&FLOW TRAY.
    [​IMG]

18. left for another four days, cant wait to see new progress when I get back :rolleyes:

19. GC what do you think, should I flower 6, 4, or 2 plants under my single 600w hps. I want maximum yield. SCROG will be happening.