600w hps grow tent help

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cannabispaddy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Hi guys iam just starting a grow i have a 600w hps
    A 1.2 x1.2 x2.0m growtent.
    What size fan will i need to keep that area cool?
    Iam going to get a cool tube for the tent.
    How many plants would you suggest i put in that space?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Welcome to GC! Definitely get at least a 6" fan for that size space. I'm looking at doing a setup similar to this and I was planning on having 4 big plants going in rotation. You should think about compiling a list of all the things you think you will need. Throw that up here and I can give you some input on what to add/subtract/change in order to make this type of setup work.

3. Thanks man.
    At the moment i have the tent and the 600w hps.
    I got some white widow,white rhino and northern lighs all feminised seeds.
    Iam from Ireland and the equipment costs a bomb so i managed to get the most expencive parts first.
    I have all mix plagron soil and the some pots for starting them in.
    I have a 4 foot floresent twin tube for starting them off iam going to upgrade that to a 250cfl for vegging.
    So at the moment i need
    1. fan
    2.cooltube
    3.ducting
    4.theremometer
    5.ph tester

I bought some Hesi nutes to cover all the stages of the grow.

4. Fan - I'd get the cheapest 6" inline fan in your situation e.g. active air, fantech

Cooltube - You can find these all over the internet for around a hundred bucks

Ducting/Thermometer - You should be able to get these at a home improvement store nearby.

Ph tester - I personally want to know exactly where my ph is at because it just makes the whole process so much easier to keep on track. This is why I spent around 300 dollars for a Bluelab ph/tds combo meter and it was definitely a good buy. On the other hand you could get away using a 10 dollar ph kit that you could get in your own city. Your decision.

Hope some of that helps, let me know what you think.

5. Ill keep you updated man.
    Ill probaly go for a cheaper ph tester at the moment i just want to get started ill be upgrading the stuff as i go along.
    I want to get to a stage where ill be taking my own clones have a proper veg area iam working on that at the moment.
    I have been reading alot but now i want to get hands on ill learn faster that way.
    Thanks for taking the time to help me best of luck with your grow keep me updated.