600w HPS 7 Easy Ryder Coco Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by budbeauty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Hello all,

I have decided to grow 7 easy ryders (auto flowering) in a 4.5x4.5x7 tent. I have been using 200w cfl's to veg the seedlings. I am on day 14 now, and here's how they look:
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Temps are at about 78F, with about 50% humidity. I am about to upgrade to 5 gallon buckets and switch to my 600w hps in about a week. Any suggestions or ideas to improve my grow?

Thanks,
    Bud Beauty

2. Uhhh those don't look very good man, idk what you did but they are stretched and very unproductive for 14 days in, mine are 33 days from seed and they are 2ft already and have buds on everything, at 14 days my plant was about 10" with very close internodes and lots of side sprouts. Those don't look good idk what to tell you the light could be too far away, you have no side branch development yet which is odd because i had 5-6 sides by that time. I need more info to help you but right now it's not lookin to good, not that there unhealthy just not looking like normal plants at that age.

3. Yeah I thought they were too tall too. I tried to keep my lights as close as possible, around 6 inches or so. I dont know what to do to make them branch out more, they seem to just want to go up. Would it be okay to bury some of that extra stem when i repot them so they arent as lanky? Help would be appreciated.

4. bump

Need advice please

5. Really, dont worry mate, they are stretchy yes, your cfl should be a matter of inches away regardless of it's output.

The answer to your semi-problem is your wack off HPS light!!! Put it on and now, check other more knowledgable peeps threads for graphs of optimum distance for your 600w (wish I had one lol).

Ive grown the EasyRyder and if you get the purple/cherry pheno your in for a real treat, your mates will be asking wtf your smoking, honest, its that nice!!! Mostly flavour but still a nice racy wack.:hello::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

6. Oh, how you treating your coco?

First time I hand watered it I tried to mimic hydro badly and with poor results. The opinion at the time seemed to be it was a must to be running vast amounts of food and liquid through it until 1/4 run off etc.

I say poo shit! Done a few runs with watering every 48hrs or when drying out (the critical thing is dont let it dry right out), much better way to treat coco in my opinion.;)

7. Okay I moved my lights closer, i will remember that when vegging new seeds. I have been using the cfl because I was afraid the HPS was too hot for seedlings..when is the best time to use the 600w? always? I thought you needed weaker lights for seedlings..

I will turn on the 600w now and repot this weekend. Thanks for your help man I appreciate it.

8. My coco has been great. I water every 2 days about or whenever the top layer seems to be drying. I only flushed it once before i planted my seeds. I am going to start using a light application of some rev,megawatts,and transport foliar spray and advanced nutrients.

9. They are all strung out because they are reaching for the light. Turn on the hps and just keep an adequate distance.

10. Yeah i'm gonna repot the girls, turn the beast on tomorrow, and hopefully it all works out for the best :devious:

11. 200 watts of CFL lighting, assuming actual watts, not "equivalent" watts, is certainly adequate for vegging those plants. You just want to get the light close, like 3 inches. The color temperature of the ideal light for veg is 6500K.

If you do switch to the HPS, start them off 3 feet away and move them closer over a couple of days. But I think you are better off vegging with 6500K CFLs, if you have them.

Those plants look fine. Good luck.