600w HPS + 125w CFL - How do I hang the CFL for coverage?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by karmeron, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Im using a 600w HPS with Diamond reflector about 20in from plant tops (i know its a bit far, but temps are high and they are only seedlings) and I also have a 125w CFL (no reflector yet, but I plan on getting a standard wing type reflector) that I want to use as supplemental lighting. 9 plants in total.

However I cant figure out how to hang the cfl with hps in the room already as the hps will be higher than the cfl as the cfl needs to be only a few inchs from plants and the spread on a cfl is bad, so I cant see how I can get the cfl to spread to all plants while the HPS is there aswell. If i drop the CFL with a reflector lower then the hps then it will block some plants from the hps. Ive also 4x t8 18w tubes to spare, anyone of making them usefull in there or will I not bother?

Anyone using a solution for this or have any ideas?

2. Hang the CFL vertically down in between your plants with no reflector. That will be the most effective way to use it given your setup. No light blocking, and it's the best way to use those CFLs anyway.

3. thanks for the input. Would that spread to all the 9 plants though?