600w brand new grow (bagseed QUALITY)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by thcisthewayout, Jun 28, 2010.

1. #1 thcisthewayout, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    Howdy GrassCity its been 5yrs of research(got bachlor degree lol) and im finally uhere to say lets grow! I just purchased a 600w mh hps and i plan on gettin a 4x4 tent proper vent and some quality seeds in near future. Right now im n a small closet with house a/c and 2 box fans heat is not a issue now i got 3 more germ now. 7plants 3-5 gallon pots Im also excited to be one of the first to post on organic:hello:
    Soil
    MG organic,earth grow manure and hums, 15%perlite 15%vermulite egg shells handfull of dogfood and spent coffee grounds (no worm casting yet)
    veg
    cottonseed meal6-2-1, liq fish fert 5-1-1 blood meal
    flower
    Budswel dry bone meal I will add to the flower list once i get close to flower

Attached Files:

• l1.jpg
      l1.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
    • l2.jpg
      l2.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • l3.jpg
      l3.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    • l4.jpg
      l4.jpg
      File size:
      46.7 KB
      Views:
  2. HIGH thc, been awhile for me...I might just do a couple Organic Plants next Run.

Looking Good thc!!!

3. thanx brother love the organic taste is just that much better

4. #4 thcisthewayout, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    I must say this is a very happy update i just made an order from sentre here's what i got
    1x Green House - The Church - Feminized for £3.68 each
    1x Seedsman - Original Skunk #1 - Feminized for £4.99 each
    1x Free - 2 x Dinafem Automatics for £0.00 each
    2x Mandala - Mandala #1 - Regular for £2.46 each
    2x Female - White Widow x Big Bud - Feminized for £4.66 each
    i cant w8 for the wwxbb that should be nice orig skunk shud be lovely also. as far as my bag seed going im still w8 on my nitrogen shud be here on 6th my babies are lacking N but they shud be fine untill the 6th w8tin on my order...
    also whats the best clone gel and or power ive heard greast reviews of clonex any others out their

5. You could give them some second-brew coffee. Plenty of nitrogen in there, just watch the acidity, same as you would all nutes.

6. ok so im having some ph issues i bought a cheap soil ph meter and it says 5.5 so i added dolomite lime about a handfull stunted growth on maybe 2 plants i have about 7 2 week old sprouts the plant with the stunted growth believe it or not is 30+ days old i feed maxicop fish fert 5-1-1 about a cap and 1/4 once a week the others seem all well just these may be bad seeds idk but hopefully dolomite lime will raise it o yea i added jus half hand full of blood meal

Attached Files:

• l1.jpg
      l1.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
    • l3.jpg
      l3.jpg
      File size:
      82.4 KB
      Views:
    • l4.jpg
      l4.jpg
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
  7. can someone help me why are my plants growing so slow could it be the ph? is the light too close? i been running it 12 inches frm them thy have little burned tips under and over curling im on 18/6 first leaves are starting to yellow

8. Maybe the light is too close? Put your hand under the light and right above you plants for a minute and use that to gauge if it's too hot. Then if it's not the light you should be asking if it's a nutrient/pH problem.

9. someone in the organic part of the forum says that cottonseed meal is too acidic for container grow anyone know any truth to this? is so would i have to flush?

10. i got my seeds today from single center so happy im just going to germ the free autoflower strains this time and keep the good ones for sum cloning

11. so i doing LST on the biggest one and i did fim on the other two the last one is twisting kinda funny i got my ph where it should be and i just got some espom salt im germ the dinafem roadrunner and the haze they both popped and will transplnt n soil by tomorrow i seen a dude on here who got 24g frm RR so hopefully i can match that

Attached Files:

• l1.jpg
      l1.jpg
      File size:
      38.3 KB
      Views:
    • l2.jpg
      l2.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    • l3.jpg
      l3.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
    • l4.jpg
      l4.jpg
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
  12. LST pic 1 fim on pic 2 & 3

Attached Files:

• l1.jpg
      l1.jpg
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
    • l2.jpg
      l2.jpg
      File size:
      67.4 KB
      Views:
    • l3.jpg
      l3.jpg
      File size:
      72.8 KB
      Views:
  13. HIGH thc, looks like you have things under control...some nice Strains you have.

14. hey fellas how are yall doing today? first my 2 AUTOFLOWER died on me i was veg under 600w mh BAD IDEA! thats y i wnt ahead n got a veg room i just got done yesterday building me a veg room i got 7 26w bulbs. the seedling in the cups one on the left is white widow x big bud its a female the one on the right is mandala #1its reg (if male i def will pollinate) i got the church sprouting right now im gonna do a couple plants soiless this time maybe 2 maybe 50% coco fibers 50% verm perlite. i decided to go ahead and flower the bag seed jus so i can make room for the potential mothers pics of flower room whn light comes one

Attached Files:

• l1.jpg
      l1.jpg
      File size:
      288.7 KB
      Views:
    • l2.jpg
      l2.jpg
      File size:
      369.4 KB
      Views:
    • l3.jpg
      l3.jpg
      File size:
      325.8 KB
      Views:
  15. thc,

I was looking at your grow and want to send good vibes and good luck your way. Looks like you're starting to get things straightened out. Yes, cottonseed meal is acidic, and you would need some form of calcium in your soil as a buffer.

My Ca of choice is calcium carbonate in the form of Oyster Shell Flower, but agricultural lime is a close second. Other forms are dolomite lime, which also has Mg, but it contains a form of Mg that is hard to make available to the plant. You can actually run deficient on Mg using dolomite, as it can take up to 8 months and longer to break down.

K-MAG has a readily available form of Mg, as well as sulfur and potassium, all of which are water soluble and combined with calcium carbonate you shouldn't have to worry about deficiencies.

In an organic grow, pH is not usually an issue if the soil is set up right and you have a good microbe colony established. Look into brewing an AACT to apply to your plants. This should establish the beneficial microbes that help the plant feed and shift pH as needed.

Sounds like you've got he start of a good thing bro,

take care,

chunk