600w all GHS (Super Lemon Haze, Kalashnikova, Doctor) First Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Walliby, Dec 29, 2012.

1. #1 Walliby, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    Hey guys, been lurking growing forums for years and finally have the gear to do it right. not technically my first grow as i did grow blue rhino from Mark Emery seeds many years ago when i was 19. the fact it got to bud was a testament to the resilience of that plant to not only handle mother nature but also lived through the onslaught of a newbie.

Times come again and i have popped and vegged three plants from GHS, Kalashnikova, Super Lemon Haze and The Doctor (freebie)

During veg i did not have a PPM/PH meter (i ordered it from hong kong, took 36 days to get here...) and they suffered PH Lockout and it caused the veg food i was giving it to build up in the soil which i failed to use enough perlite with to get good drainage.

First day i got my PPM/PH Meter i threw them into flower.

i got 3 plants in a 4x4x7 tent under a 600w air cooled hood, temps range from 60f (night) to 78-81f (day) in the tent, i am trying to limit the damage done to this trailer i am currently living in so i am trying to avoid punching holes into walls. thus my exhaust is actually vented into the heating ducts (hopefully to heat the house since its -29 outside right now)

I snapped a video of my setup, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot_2T3Skv1k"]video[/ame]
    I have GH Flora Grow/Micro/Bloom, with a free sampler of Bud Blood, Big Bud and CarboLoad. I had about 13 clones. 4 of Super Lemon Haze, 4 Kalashnikova and 5 The Doctor all from GHS that never rooted and pretty much suffered a horrible death at my unexperienced hands,example. Thus i have now dropped two seed of SLH, one Seed of Kalashnikova, one seed of CH9 Blue Lemon Thai and one seed of CH9 Green Bud.

I was interested in going with a hydro system in the future for faster growth rate but my perception of hydro is changing. Since you can have a hydro setup in coco coir and just water it like dirt....

I am using Sunshine #4 mixed with about 25-35% more perlite but i never ammended the soil with dolomite lime. you can see the inside my tent, i changed the setup to the other side to exhaust into the heat ducting of the house, but you can see what it looks like on the 4th day of flowering

Heres my feeding notes:
    Plants are in a 5 gallon grow bag.
    Tap water: PH 8.2 @ 250PPM

Flowering day 1.
    10gal res

30ml Grow
    30ml Micro
    30ml Bloom
    2 tsp of Bud blood

750PPM @ 6.2 PH for Kalashnikova and The Doctor
    640PPM @ 6.6 PH for SLH

Doctor Runoff 2200 ppm @ PH 4.8
    Kalashnikova runoff 1850 ppm @ PH 5.1
    (I added more tap water to raise PH and lower PPM, SLH seems to be sensitive)
    SLH runoff 2100 PPM @ PH 5.2

I let them be even with the PH readings (first time with my meter, not sure if it was accurate, got it from hong kong for 80$)
    I PH'd my res water down to 5.65 (This wasn't given to the plants till day 5, just straight water, something to keep the meter wet) after 2 days it was hovering at 6.7PH

Flowering Day 5

Fresh water, PH @ 6.7

Soaked all plants till i got about a gallon of runoff

SLH Runoff 1400PPM @ PH 5.5
    Doctor Runoff 1650PPM @ PH 5.6
    Kalashnikova runoff 1750PPM @ PH 5.4

Would like to get some suggestions on feeding, perhaps future nutes and or gear... i was thinking of Hygrozyme (or cheaper pond cleaner), Bushdoctor Kangaroots and Microbrew as well as Humic acid.

2. Heres some pics of the plants, i know they look piss poor but i am hoping once i get the PH leveled out they will come back.

The Doctor

[​IMG]

Kalashnikova in the middle, SLH (i tried abit of LST i gave up on) on the end.

[​IMG]

3. Flowering, Day 12

Added EpsonSalt to PH'd Tap water, raised 100PPM off base water.
    Water PH = 6.45
    PPM = 350
    Day/Night temps = 78/61

Flushed with 3 gallons or so of water, runoff is as follows.

Super Lemon Haze: 5.7 PH @ 1020 ppm
    Kalashnikova: 5.7 @ 720 ppm (i flushed this abit more)
    The Doctor: 5.7 @ 1020 ppm

Some Pictures.

Super Lemon Haze

[​IMG]

SLH and Kalashnikova

[​IMG]

The Doctor

[​IMG]

4. \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\tFlowering, Day 19

Found a great website a couple days ago and have been pouring over it. For those of you that know what the lucas formula is, this website is all questions ever asked to Lucas on the OG forums before they went down. Found out i was over watering among a bunch of other things which is why there will be no runoff PPM's to read.

Lucas suggests to feed only enough that your plants dry completely out in 24 hrs and fine tune it until that happens.

Anyway, Update.

Used one Gallon of water.

PH 7.5 @ 270ppm

Added 8ml Micro, 16ml Bloom and 1/5th tea-spoon of Big Bud Powder and no PH down, came out to PH 6.4 @ 1130 PPM. Gave each plant 4 cups (1 liter) of feed each, i see my SLH is really stretching (i raised the light a week or so ago to 28" to try to get The Doctor and Kalashnikova to stretch) so i did some LST to try to keep canopy level within a couple inches. in 3-4 days i am going to drop the light to 9 inches above the plants.

Ordered a few 5.2 Gal [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUjNBKex0I"]Superoots Air-pots[/ame] for my garden among some other nutes/additives, i have been reading very promising things about them. but anywho heres some pictures.

The Doctor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Kalashnikova

[​IMG]

Finally SLH

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did some super-cropping back before flowering to try to keep it at the same height as the other plants, they healed up nice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and finally i did some LST today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\t​
    \t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t

5. Flowering, Day 26

plants received one feeding between last update, 1000ppm @ 6.1 ph. Was getting magnesium def so i gave them a shot of 600ppm epsom salt yesterday.

Today they are going to dry out for their next feed.

The Doctor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kalashnikova

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Super Lemon Haze

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Flowering, Day 33

Plants we're fed 1.5 liters of 1090ppm @ PH 5.95. The SLH got 740ppm @ PH 6.2 ( i diluted the nutrient mix abit... i hear SLH is sensitive.)

Plants starting to smell, i am sure it will develop more over time but so far Doctor smells like Baby Puke, Super Lemon Haze smells so sour and Kalashnikova is my fav smelling being like pinesol cleaner. very piney/minty almost smell. Being my first grow i had no idea how different smells could be strain to strain, i am starting to really enjoy seeing the progress of the plants.

Pictures:

Kalashnikova

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Doctor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Super Lemon Haze

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Subbed lookin forward to seein how the doctor turns out can u let me know if she is fairly sturdy ie resistant to nute burn and the like haha happy growin PEACE

8. got a few doctor goin on too at the moment..day 47 of flower..very sturdy and strong plant..massive colas...u should be happy when its done mate..so far the only thing that i like from GHS (never grown the SLH yet though).

9. Nice glad to hear it how bad do they stink (even tho I love the stink others may not haha) will I need a scrubber in my small box with 2 in flower or should I be ok I have all the bit lying around the place haha

happy growin PEACE