600w 4x4 tent first grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chipdouglas2819, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Hey there fellow growers, finally decided to join the community and try to keep up on a journal to maybe get some opinions or advice on my first grow. Its legal for me to grow here, i have checked with the police, and my renter. I'm already a few weeks in, its multi-strain, and i even am considering trying to do hydroponics at the same time as the soil planted. Might as well dive right into everything and leave no stone un-turned, knowledge and experience is most valuble My system consists of a 4x4x7 grow tent, 600 watt hps, carbon air filter with adjustable outtake fan, air filter for intake, cheapo ozone generator, DIY co2 emmiter, 2 fans, DIY DWC/Drip hydro tank, grow bags, using fox farm ocean with the general organics go-box. Keep in mind iv just been googling as im going haha; Iv watched a couple movies and am also reading a book. Since some of these have had a few weeks already ill post a few past pics;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. The first three pics are the old setup that evolved into the tent. The last 6 pictures are the latest pictures from 3/15/12. I just tied the two smaller plants (blueberry kush? and white rhino) to bamboo sticks using foam covered wire and also fimed them. Topped off 6 stems on the larger plant (black jack) to try to keep a better canopy and removed alot of leaves from the bottom. The tray has a heat mat always running with only water; containing super lemon haze, northern lights x big bud, kushage, mkage, chemdawg (not sprouted yet after week) the other 4 plants are orange tree clones to try to get some experience of cloning and experiment. Whatever ones make it through i plan on putting into the hydro setup i made. [​IMG]

3. Well, my friend said he had some clones he could throw me in order to get this hydro setup going so im probably going to transfer everything over tomorrow sometime tomarrow, it looks ready, and theres about an inch of root on the bottom; hope im doing everything right >.> lol.. todays pics;
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Few more pictures of my closet setup;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Put the seedlings into the hydro last night, feel like they were a little too young still, but the average root was about an inch out of the cubes. Trying a 2 hours on 2 hours off drip cycle all 24
    ForumRunner_20120319_072415.png

ForumRunner_20120319_072345.png

6. #6 chipdouglas2819, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Little weekly update here.. ended up putting a single ladybug in my 4x4 and it was enough to finally cure the aphid problem. Just did my first nute change for the hydro (technaflora recipe for success) Used 50% vegging nutes. Still trying to figure out how much and how frequently i should be watering/nuting my soil. Roots look healthy in the hydro, little tinted brown now that its been a day under the new nutes, something to be concerned about? I know that i should probably be adding some peroxide; iv heard to do 1tsp per gallon for ~5% h2o2. Do i add that every nute change? or should i run h2o2 and water for a day before nute change? Another question, when should i lst the hydro? pics;
    pet ladybug :);
    [​IMG]
    new piece i just got when i was in hawaii;
    [​IMG]
    the hydro plants (super lemon haze, bigbud x northern, kushage, mkage, and the orange clone which has no roots peaking yet);
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    blueberry kush?;
    [​IMG]
    white rhino;
    [​IMG]
    black jack;
    [​IMG]

edit; forgot to mention that i took all the drippers out on the second day, holes kept getting clogged and it was becoming too much of a hassle so switched to only deep water culture

7. These yellow leaf tips have really been getting to me on the 3 soil plants. I have been doing water, water, nute each per day. I have been thinking of making up a half mix of the go box and go with that for a while instead of the amount on the chart, but i have a feeling they all need a flush from salt build up thats been stuck in there for awhile. Or im worrying over nothing, it doesnt seem serious.