600hps in 3x3x6 tent, how hot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmokeUhTon, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Think i should dim my ballast to 300 or 400 watts until i get other fans??

2. Yeah I agree

Sent from iPhone 5

3. you'll need a fan ducting out of the grow. I have a 3x4.5 closet, and when the room's 60 that thing would hit 100f with the door closed.

4. [quote name='"hello ladies"']you'll need a fan ducting out of the grow. I have a 3x4.5 closet, and when the room's 60 that thing would hit 100f with the door closed.[/quote]

What do you think about exuasting from an air cooled reflector on the side with the bulb nd other side open for air in the tent

Arrows are air passing

Outside tent<<<<===<<<<<(fan)<<<<==(light)<<

Would this cool the light enough?

5. yes, as long as the room the tent is in can stay cool that way

you may need to exhaust out a window if the room temp climbs, making the tent climb, etc

6. If the exhaust dose not leave the room that your tent is in it will continually draw in the same hot air and bake your plants

Now if you have AC on in the room and exhaust out of the room it will draw in the cold air from the room and cycle it out of the window or how ever you wish

Sent from iPhone 5

7. ya thinnk dimming the ballast for the first week or two will fuck with the yield?

8. No I turn mine down when it's to hot and back up all the time well as needed not that it's hot al the time but your good til you can get that puppy cooled down if your tops are at 80 IMO your good as long as the airs moving in there

And they don't fatin up til 4 and 5
    Sent from iPhone 5

9. i got a 400w hps in a tent that is the same as yours. uncooled. the space around it is whatever temp is outside since the spot i have it in is unheated. still i get in the mid 70s...lowest has been 67 and highest has been 87...hope that helps

10. Gotta 4inch carbon filter nd 165cfm fan