6000 Lumens per Sq/Ft ScrOG-Off

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by whatuthinkin, Jan 13, 2010.

1. It probably looks lower because the top of the buckets. The soil is filled in about 1 in. below the rim of the bucket.

2. #102 caesar5000, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    i would like to get in if its not to late

Strain: 5 death star flowering clones 3 sower diesel clones 1 black Alaskan clone (mom that needs to go) 1 blue berry clone
    Nutrients : fox farm
    Lights: total: 1,200 watt HPS
    Method: SCROG screen 4'x6.5'
    Lumens: About 6,000 lumens per square foot + - a little
    will get photos later tonight this is a soil grow and has 2 weeks of veg left the Alaskan is a year old it is not a very good in door strain but it all i do outside there is nothing even close in yeild and quality sorry for all the bad spelling

3. don't worry about the spelling man, just bring us some pics. It sounds like a nice op man. Good Luck! :smoke:

4. I am now about 1.5 weeks since the light switch. Still not seeing any bud starting to form other than the pre-flowers that have been there.

[​IMG]

5. this is my setup with 3 weeks of veg left
    my grow 028.JPG

my grow 030.JPG

my grow 031.JPG
    this is a death star regular grow 2 weeks into flowering this is the first time scrog ing this strain so this photo will give a comparison they yield 4 1/2 to 5 oz standing tall
    my grow 041.JPG

6. thank you for the worm welcome iv been an observer for the last year but wonted to get in on this

7. Happy to have you, and, of course your welcome to swing by my journal any time man :wave:.

8. Welcome to the competition Caesar. Your grow is looking good man. I notice several different sized plants in there. Are they the different strains? Which are which in there?

I need to go through and update the main post now. Need to get the few people that have joined recently on there and their goals up. Maybe tomorrow I can do this.

9. the death star are flowering clones and they root vary randomly they are the ones in the orange buckets the sower diesel in gray and the lone blueberry in the wight bucket and the Alaskan is the large sickly looking one but that's how they role indoors :(

10. this is an update 3 1/2 weeks into veg this lady has only been topped ones a good look at the power of a flowering clone scrog # 1 4 weeks 017.jpg

Attached Files:

11. #111 ManNamedJed, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    Looking good Caesar. That screen will be really full soon.

12. Is it too late to still get in on this? We were left with some extra clones and trying to decide what to do with them and a ScrOG sounds like it might be in the cards for the Coconut Grove as my first grow.

13. thank you this will be my first SCROG

I was wondering what my target goal should be i uses 5 gal buckets and fox farm nuts i consistently pull 40 oz off this mix off plants - the Alaskan under 2000w of HPS any ideas thanks

14. #114 iCLONE, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    OK .... finally under the screen. Day one of ScrOG. My size has increased to
    3'9" x 8'. I'll be adding a 3rd 400 watter and what ever CFLs I need to level
    off my lumens.

Here is the group just before the screen

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4vopZEjB5Q"]YouTube - ScrOG - pre ScrOG set up: Grapefruit Diesel and BC Kush[/ame]

And this is just after the screen has been placed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1v0vdcnJA"]YouTube - SDV 0070[/ame]

The plants or 18" off the ground and on metal screens so flushing will be easy.
    The screen is 10 inches of the pot tops. Everything was trained via multiple
    topping and tied down. I pulled all the tie downs for flower and they're free to
    grow. I'll drop the lights to 18/24 inches off the screen top in a day or two.

5 of the girls are Grapefruit KUSH and 3 of the girls are BC (grapefriut) Diesel.

Attached Files:

15. It's never too late. Especially for you Mrs! Get me your screen sqare footage and your total lumes and I will take it from there!!!

And to everyone else they all look really good. Making me jealous with all that bud!!:cool:

16. Geesh , gonna look amazing once that scrog is filled

17. #117 iCLONE, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010

As previously noted ..... it would be our honor.

Thanks "Hype",

I picked up the screens (6x) from work. They were to be tossed out. I
    hate the waste in my industry .... but I gotta love it too.

One quarter inch steal grid is extremely strong. 8 pots on it and no bend.
    They are a 3" x 3" grid so they're perfect for the job.

I'm going to bend a couple of the screens to make an arena style ScrOG
    next time. Before I bend them I may do a vertical grow first.

18. nice looking setup iclone cant w8 to see the finished results

19. #119 MrsEd, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    Dropped out of ScrOG-Off competition due to config issues however Jenna Boo does go on...

This will be my first attempt at growing indoors (I am a kitchen herb girl outside). This will be my grow however I will have Ed if an issue arrises. :)

Goal would be 6% of PrplHz for 4.8 oz

• ScrOg Size: 15" X 33" = 3.4 sq ft.
    • Lights: Two - 10000 lumen T5
    • Medium: 50/50 Atami B-Cuzz coco coir/perlite with a smig of dolomite
    • Nutes: Botanicare CNS17 (for coco) full line Bloom, Flower, Ripe with supplemental Cal Mag and Sweet with every feeding and a once a week organic shot of Fox Farm Big Bloom Blast
    • Strain: Monster cropped Barneys Farm LSD clone from Jenna

This should give her just a tad bit under the 6000 lumen per sq/ft however it seems close enough to participate. Can Jenna Boo join the adventure here? She was just transplanted barely with roots into a hotel room in the nursery awaiting her new condo to open up. She will move to a five gallon under the screen on April 1 (tentative, need flower space to clear out)

[​IMG]

20. Come with it girl. I am interested to see what you get. Are you going to use the bedazzled screen? :D