6000 Lumens per Sq/Ft ScrOG-Off

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by whatuthinkin, Jan 13, 2010.

1. With proper training this can be acheieved without the bent screen...
    Let the outer shots thru while you are still tucking the center,
    i always tuck with these rules on my scrog anyway... keep them low right under the light, thats where they are most likely to get heat stressed anyway...

2. That is good to know Bud. I can't wait to get my plants under the screen so I can see just how to do everything and see how well I can do it. I am very excited about that part but for now I just need my babies to start growing faster hahaha.

3. update on mine...am i the fartherest along?

[​IMG]

4. Thanks "Slinger",

The overlapping in the light pattern was the whole reason I wanted to find a technique
    to increase the production at the edges. I'm using two lights and am expecting some
    overlapping in the middle of the screen. Should I cheat the lights to the outer edges
    and trap the light bleed with taller side walls? All my designs are with a much lower side
    wall that that "V" ScrOG.

Unfortunately this will be a war of fiscal attrition. The "authority" will have to exhaust
    it's funds and overwhelm their system before rational peeks it's head out. But we will
    win in the L O N G run.

Looking great RE. I'm jealous I'm still training clones ...

5. I would say you are the farthest along for sure haha. But you have a jump start on most of us. I'm hoping to be ready to smoke by 420.

6. Update

I am not sure when I expect to be done. I had a fortune cookie the other day that said "remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you." That was Januarey 13th, so maybe I can bring it in by April 13 :eek:. I guess we will see.

She is doing well, and, has given up 6 clones. The clones have not rooted yet, probably later within the week. I clipped her 4 main tops today, so we should see 8 main tops come in. ph, temps and all else seem to be right on. As soon as these clones root I will put them in the sytem under the screens and just populate it with the rest of the clones as they are ready for the system :smoking:.

:D Let me know what you think...

Attached Files:

7. Looking great Prpl. I will post an update to here in a few days. My plants haven't really started taking off yet. Hey Prpl don't forget to update your first post. You can still post them as a reply so everyone following will see but it helps new commers and people that aren't participating in the conversations follow the thread.

Oh and classic thread deletion reason! HAHAHAHA :bongin:

8. Thanks for the reminder. I postedc too late, but did remember that I should have quoted my first post. I will catch it nexgt time. I guess we should have some nice updates by next week.:D

9. Today I added 4 400 watt MH lamps to replace one of the 1000 watt HPS. so now I am running a "2600 Watt Dual Spectrum Recirculating DWC SCROG." When it is put in those terms, it sounds outrageous, well, it is. All 6 of the clones had roots today, so I transplanted 1 of them. My wattage changed, but my lumens are actually the same All 4 of the new MH lamps add up to be 144,000 lumens, I think. Oh ya, one last thing, I paid $20 for all 4 of the 400 watt MH lights :D. That's right, $5 each. :smoking:

10. show us some pix of these cheap basterds!! i wana see the $5 lights!

11. At first it looks and sounds cool. Then I think about the dark sides of the buds(outer walls). They never see light. And the air circulation is probably much less.
    But still looks cool.
    I've seen a single plant SCROG less than 2' X 2' under 150 hps put out a lot more bud than I would have guessed.
    Will be interesting to see all the results from the various setups. Best of luck to all.

12. Hey Prpl I meant to edit the first post you made back on page one. Just like Rumple did with his LED test grow he just finished up. That way they can see all the updates in the first page or 2 and then can read through all the conversation and questions if they like. If you see on my first reply you can see how I have day 3 and day 5. I meant to post this earlier but my internet crapped out on me and I lost what I was typing so I said screw it for the time being.

I will update again shortly. Probably tomorrow if there is time. But everything is starting to take off. New growth on all plants daily for sure.

13. Yea ... I think that "V" or "U" shape is for extreme space issues.
    It reminds me of one of those old fold up roll away beds. I have
    one by the way ... hmmmm. A little more than I want to deal with.

But the overall concept is valid. Using more of the surface or foot
    print of the bulb is the idea. I think I'll just go with a slight grade
    to get more light to the outer edges of my screen.

I'm close to ready. Waiting on a couple of the girls to shape up
    before going under the screen. I'll update my first post once I've
    gotten the screen in place.

NOTE* The last photo is of a bag seed ... strain unknown... gonna
    be a healthy lady. She already has a 13" leaf span. She wont be in
    the ScrOG-Off but I just wanted her to come along for the ride.:smoke:

Attached Files:

14. 8 main tops PrplHz ... DAMn!

How much grow nut are you giving her? Have you changed your res water lately? Should be boosting her growth by now... I would switch to 18 hours of light soon if your still on 24.... You could lower its stress by starting with 1 hour of darkness and work your way up to 6.

15. PrpHZ I still maintain that this is the most genetically mutated plant i've ever seen (asside from one other one that actually went hermie). You need to slaughter this girl and start anew. She won't yeild crap. I hate to fill you in, but i feel like you'll just get irate if you wait 2 months and get an 8th of non-dank off of her. Just my 2C.

Maybe her clones won't mutate though?

16. Sorry to say but i've been following prpl's grow and i dont think it's a mutant at all.

17. Agreed. He has trained the plant to be like that. From topping for clones all the time.