6000 Lumens per Sq/Ft ScrOG-Off

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by whatuthinkin, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Sorry to say i think i have to back out.I'm a legal grower:D..I have a plant limit and i have to keep a rotation.I have weight restrictions..yea its a bummer but thats the rules.I grow in the open and i'm loving it.I can only harvest one plant at a time..and i have to split that . Besides...i'd get my butt kicked.:eek:..Goodmorning

2. I have the same specs as whatuthinkin, but my setup is 2x4.

Does it count if i'm growing with the same specs in a smaller space but with the same goal in mind?

That would actually mean i would get more out of my system, since i am in a smaller space.

My goal is 1g per watt (or more:D).

To bad this wasn't started 4 weeks ago. I'm at the end of week 4, with 4-5 to go.

3. Nice screen! The standard for SCROG seems to be 2 ounces per square foot. If that is the case, then you should be able to get 15oz's off of your screen. I talked to Slinger, he said 2 zips a sqft is not only doable, but, he has done it. I did not build my op with the 2oz's a sqft in mind. I read many journals and looked to see what folks seemed to be able to do without too many problems. I am shooting for 5 zips a plant. I am actually allowing each plant 3.4'sqft. If I were going by the 2zips a sqft, then I would be trying to get 110oz's off of my screens, but instead, not wanting to push it too much, I am shooting for 80zips. I hope that my wake n bake helps you better gauge what you can produce off your screen. This is without mention that I am high and that strain has a role in production.:cool:

don't get me wrong, if I get 110oz's off my screens, it's cool.

4. i have no clue how to convert into square feet but if the guess is 15 oz's off my grow then im pretty pumped lol

5. Multiply your length 2.5' x Width 3'. The product of 2.5x3 is 7.5. So, multiply that times 2, for 2 oz's per sqft. the product is 15. So the theory states that a SCROG produces 2oz's a sqft. Of course, strain and environment play a big role.:cool:

6. ah, thats how u figure it out...math is > then me lol

7. And then to find out how many lumens per sq/ft you have you just divide your total lumen output by the sq/ft of your screen. The goal that we have set for every body is approx 1.44 ounces per square foot so if your screen is 7.5 square feet and you have close to 6000 lumens per sq/ft your goal should be 10.8 ounces.

8. Subscribed.

-Jed

9. I just posted an update in my grow journal. I will post an update with pictures on this thread in a day or 2. But I am already seeing some noticable growth on all the plants. Both Purple plants have several roots comming out of them and one White Castle has roots showing now. :cool:

10. subscribed...... this is gonna be a good one. the best of luck to all of you

11. What's up thinkin, Prplhze.

Subscribed. Starting mine next week. Wish I could join in but I don't qualify.

GL to you guys and who ever joins you.

12. OK .... I'm in! :hello:

I think I'm the newbiest in the group so I claim any handicaps.

I'll be going with 2 x 400 watt over a 6' x 3' screen. I'm in soil
    (FFOF) growing BC (grapefuit) KUSH and Grapefuit Diesel
    I may go one of each but I think the "KUSH" will stretch better
    ... but then the Diesel buds like a f r e a k i n monster. :devious:

PS
    Please comment on my ScrOG Zilla grow in planning. (See Sig).
    I need any advice you have to offer.

13. Woot another one!! Ok so you have 18 sq/ft of screen and 100,000 lumens of light. That puts you at 5556 lumens per sq/ft so you are a little lower than everyone else but let me look at it in a few and I think I can adjust your goal to your lumens as well. But I am going to watch Inglorious Basterds first. I love this movie! :smoking:

14. 18' sq/ft ... Do I hear 32 oz's? Going once, Going twice, ... a bidder anybody...

If you haven't bought your pots yet... GO HYDRO !!!
    Hell even if you bought your pots, drill some holes in em, make a res &, GO HYDRO!!!
    Damn I just smoked some dank, I'm all pumped up n shit.

Hey Everybody, being as I'm in this scrog-off ... Wtf is a lumen? How do I figure lumens p/sqft?

15. Doh... Haha we are on at the same time, but your time is ahead of mine whatuthinkin. Ok so... How did you figure 400w at 100,000 lumens of light?

16. Hey Prplhz... I was checkin out ur pics again, and hadn't noticed that you have your water storage higher than all your reservoirs... Have you tested this? In most cases, if water level of the storage container is higher than the tops of all the reservoirs, in theory, if your pump from the res to the storage container goes bad, you will have a flood, the water would be gravity pulled to the lower res containers and then flow out of your net pots, not only flooding, but getting hydroton everywhere... I learned this from one of the "Green Man" hydro videos on youtube, he has a great hydro grow goin 1 through 10... It was from like 10 years ago.

Anyways his rule was, always have water storage lower than your Res... If you just fill it up and release it as you please to the DWC buckets, then that will work great, just need a valve to the res, I'm still high, so if you already have this done, ignor my rant.

L8r

17. I understand what you are saying, and thanks for the warning. I am not worried about this problem though. My res is only 55gal serving a 280gal system, so I do not think that there is much worry there. None the less, it would be a good idea for me to add some shut off valves.:smoking:

18. You know, I was thinking about this scrog off and I could probably join the fun too. My second grow is four plants, each with it's own 1x2 ft screen (8 sq. ft total) under a 400w hps. It's not near as big as your setups.

The plants are only a week old and I am growing in soil. I'll probably veg for 6 weeks.

-Jed

19. I'm in. Grow will not start for about another month, but better late than never.

26"x26" screen
    250 watt hps
    FFOF

4.69 sqft-29000 lumens= 6183 lm/sqft. Should be ok?

55 sqft / 4.69= 11.72 percent screen size

11.72 percent of 80= 6.8 oz total yield needed?

I think I got the math correct.

20. I doubt he would be able to attain 32oz as he is growing in soil. We are going to need to have 2 seperate competitions kindof. Need one for the soil guys and one for the hydro guys that way it will be fair across the board. I will get to getting a list set-up so we know who all is in so far.

A lumen is the measurement of light that the human eye can see. to get lumens/sqft you just need to take the total lumen output of your lights and divide it by your total sq/ft

Well each 400w light produces approx 50,000 lumens so if he has 2 we double it.

You are right along with us Jed. I am going to set up 2 sides to this competition so it will be fair for the soil guys.

Phatrick you are correct in your math however the goal you are taking of 11.72% of 80 oz is set for a hydro grow. I am going to separate the hydro from soil and get the soil guys a slightly lower goal.

Even if you are a month behind it will still work out I think. Your results will just come in slightly behind.

Thank you everybody for all the replies. Looks like this is going to be bigger than I thought! Which is a good thing. The more participation the more we can all learn and the more fun it will be. Give me a bit and I will update the main post with new information as well as a list of everyone that is competing and their set goals.