600 watts on 3 plants =?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tadaa, Mar 13, 2006.

1. I just switched my plants from 150watt hps to a 600watt hps about 2 weeks into flowering. They have 5.5 weeks left of flowering. The strain is easy bud and the yield is rated at a fast maximum, 50% indica 50% sativa.

They are very healthy with 8-10+ bud sites on each plant. They are in a cabinet just big enough for them. I know there's a ton of factors that come into play but what could I expect to yield from these? I'm shooting for 2 ounces per plant.

2. Yield depends on so many things: Size of pot, lights, conditions, size of plant when put into flower, strain, if the plant was stressed at all etc. For that strain I would guesstimate you could get anywhere from 400-600 grams per meter squared.

3. if your cabnit is just big enough for ur plants, ur gonna have a heat issue, cause a 600W light gives off a fair amount of heat...make sure u have good ventilation cause its one of main factors in growin i think...othere than that..if u keep em in good health i agree with around 400-600gs

4. Yea I just got a really powerful fan and it's about 12 inchest from the bulb blowing directly on it and that REALLY helps keep temps down.

My cabinet is 70" tall and 14" deep and about 30" wide.

5. My personal opinion is 600w is not needed for 3 plants. Sure it will grow them....and grow them good. But the results compared to 200-300w is negotiable. I grow 5 plants under 250w HPS and about 150w of floros and my yields are very good.

I think you are going to be running up your e bill higher than you need for 3 plants. I would plant another plant and make it a solid 4 plants if you have room or use a smaller light that will throw less heat.