600 watt vs 1000 watt HPS???

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by IFell4Farming, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Hey fellow farmers! I have a bloom room that measures 8 x 2.5 x 6 with a 600 Watt HPS. Anybody have estimates on how much I could yield with 1000 watts verses the 600? Thanks a bunch.

2. Get yourself another 600w and run both. The 600 watters are the most efficient at converting watts to lumens, so not only will you be running 1200 total watts, or 20% more than a 1000 watter, but you will be delivering 30% or so more lumens.

3. Ok thanks for that tip. I may do that in the future but I don't think I could afford the bills yet. I was more just wondering how much more in weight could I produce with a 1000w rather than the 600w I have running right now. It's such a small room that I feel like two 600's would be just too much heat for the space it's in. But if a 1000w would produce a significant amount more in weight, I'd probably invest in one in the future.

4. Yes a 1000 watt will give you more yield but only under the footprint of the lamp. The buds should be denser on the plants directly in the footprint of the light. You probably wont cover more area but the area you do cover will be more light intense. Because of the layout of your grow area I would think two 600's or even three 400's would give you better yield than one 1000 in that entire area.

5. Of course you will yeild more, its 400 more watts. I would bet you could double your yeild.

6. Awesome. The only thing I'd be worried about in that situation is heat. I've got a 6" fan already hooked up to my 600 with ducting. If I added another 600, would my temperature skyrocket or roughly stay the same??

7. Run two 6 inch hods together that 6 inch fan blows a lot of air I have my 600hps hooked up to a 4inch hood and it has absolutely zero heat