600 watt or 400

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by barry12, Sep 5, 2009.

1. hi got a four pot wilma and was wondering wat the nest hps light to use would be does ne 1 know wat the cost of running a 600 watt hps is please many thanks

2. Very cheap... Maybe 10$ a month depending on your electricity companies kw/per hr.

3. A 400 watter would be perfect for four plants. If you plan to expand your grow at some point, the 600w light would be ideal, but you would have to worry about heat issues a bit more. Obviously the 400 watter would be easiest on your bill. But 600w lights are very effiecient.

4. wat would be the best light to use with a four pot wilma am lookin to do four .so the running cost of the lighs is nothing to worry about then a 600watt willcost hardley nethink to run im in uk

5. #5 barry12, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
    so u would reccomend a 400 watt wat is the differnce in running cost between the two. wats the cheapest but best tent about. do the tents show a heat source

6. High there, I'd go with the 600w for sure. Im in the UK and thats what I run, the temp difference is not much between the 400 and the 600 and now that winter is coming again the 600 could help you out. The more light the better, good luck

7. wat are ure running cost of the 600 watt then. do u know of ne cheap kits

8. I don't know the running cost dude but put it this way, I don't notice it on my bill. I think my gaming PC runs about the same. I bought mine from a hydro shop for £100 for ballast, reflector and a 600w dual spectrum bulb and its been groovy. I bet they are even cheaper online

9. r u using a tent does the tent show a heat source.wat about ph tester and theromoter

10. The tent is a very sore subject at the moment, the zip bust last night and its now the dark period so I can't fix it yet! I went with the DR120 tent and up to now its been perfect except it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I have PH tester, thermometer, fans, carbon filter with fresh air in and out.

I think the DIY builds are better but my DIY is awful and almost killed my girls which is why I bought the tent.

11. yea im not good with diy either was lookin to get first set up do u use a wilma wats best

12. I use wilma pots but Im a soil grower, I can fit 6 really big girls in my tent or maybe 12 little ones but I like them huge. Don't worry about the heat from a 600w, its about the same as a boiler or something and yes the tent was very light proof. I needed it to be light proof as I only use it for flowering I did have my veggys outside the tent under CFL's on 18/6. But since the zip bust Ive had to put everything on 12/12.

You could say that last night was a nightmare round here, Im moving soon and my next project will be a DIY build. You'll be fine just don't tell anybody about your project. Nobody in the real world knows about my project, more bud for me and alot less risk.

13. yea i get wat ure saying was lookin to buy it all in a kit but am strugling to find 1 wats the differnce betweeen soil and no soil

14. Ive only ever used soil and Im very happy with it, the girls love it. Hydro (non-soil), can be a little harder to get right and some setups/methods can be costly. With hydro as soon as you feed the girls it affects them where soil acts as a buffer and buys you some time. Also some people claim that a soil grow will produce a better taste. There is more to learn with hydro to, the PH has to be just right and the nutes cost more.

15. #15 barry12, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
    so soil is less complecated and the easyer the beta but i want quialty maybe beta taste wat soil do u use and do u have ne other advice that may be usful to me

16. I'd say for most people soil is easier but as I say Ive never tried hydro. I have been very happy with the quality and yeild. Foxfarm ocean forrest soil seems to be about the best but I must confess that I don't use it. I use any cheap potting soil without added nutes and mix it with some peatmoss, perlite and vermiculite.

The best advice that I can give you is to check out the grow journals section, find a method and a grow which you think suits you and steal all the best ideas. Honest that really is the best way

17. wen do u start adding nutes

18. Man I just got around to reading this thread and I wanna let you my opinion. My 600 watt cost me about 20 to 30 dollars extra a month but is very easy to compensate the cost I cut back on the ac use etc...Soil is a good way to start out at least it has been for me and the nutes I would not give them any until the third week.

19. remember 600 will be hotter then 400 so you need to spend the money for the proper fan. take your cubic feet and then double if not triple it to figure how many CFM you need out of a fan. you want almost 5 times the amount of your area, in cfm. i have 200 sq feet and i am getting 480 cfm which is not much more but should be just enough for my area.

fox farm ocean organic is THE best soil you can find. fox farm also has great nutes to use.