60 watt soft white!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MagikWand, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ok so I was at my buddy's house and he told me that he was growing a plant. I asked him what kind of bulbs he was using and he said he didn't know. After checking out his set up in his closet he was only using 1 60 watt soft white! he had grown two pretty nice looking plants that are in a mid-veg state. Now I was lead to believe that it was impossible to grow plants with soft white and not only that, but with only 60 watts!

Has anyone ever heard of this or have done this and if so, how can you do this and still grow a nice plant? (Keep in mind his are still pretty small but are past they're 5th leaf sets!)

2. Vegging can be done with less watts. But his buds will be very light and airey. From the research I have gathered anyway. I'm ready to be corrected.

3. So what you're saying though is that you can still grow with soft whites, it's just you wont get much yield at all?

4. I was talking about the amount of watts. I'm goin to go check the spectrum of soft white lights now.

5. i have been growing from seed using nothing but 2700K soft white bulbs.

I attached a pic of what it looks like, i had no problems at all using soft white only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is 12/12 from seed, and about 3 weeks into flowering.

6. #6 noober, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
    But only the top of your plant looks healthy. Imagine what will happen as it gets bigger :(

Those drooping fan leaves are falling because they aren't getting enough light. If they can't asborb light energy your plant's health will deteriorate.

7. Incandescant lightbulbs are bad news. Way too hot, and not nearly enough light.
    Cheap grow operations require at LEAST 2-4 26 watt cfls...(the twisty lightbulbs..)
    Daylight 6500k for vegging.
    Soft White 2700k for flowering.

8. IMO 2700k is ok for veg to.