6 x Vero 29 configuration - 300w 2.4'x1.9' area

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kusheclair, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Configuration A or B?

1. A

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. B

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. #1 kusheclair, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Hi, I'm going to be running these Vero 29's from a HLG 320 1400ma for slightly over 300w. I was thinking of using the 60 degree glass lenses but I'm not really sure the best configuration. I'm not sure what the footprint will be like because I'm not really sure how far I'll even need the COBs from the plants. Let's just assume I'll have them between 1' to 2' above the canopy.

I'm getting the A model of this driver so I can use the built in pot to decrease or increase intensity if I need to. ie if I could cope with a smaller footprint from each cob because my spacing is off, I could move the light closer but decrease intensity.

My question here is what configuration I should go with, people with experience and maybe PAR theory/readings to back it up would be greatly appreciated. I've made a little paint diagram showing the two configs I've thought of, which are likely to create a hotspot or waste more light into the walls? Any suggestions for spacing?

light.png

Thanks a lot!

PS. If I had to choose between 3000k and 4000k which should I go for?

2. Bump can anyone help?

3. How did it Go? I just bought this 300 6 cob kit. After canceling 3 previous orders on amazon. I have two led panels show up today that I instructed the ups driver to return to sender. One was the mars 192 and the other was platinum p300.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. use layout B.

5. For flower, 3000k, for both veg and flower, 4000k.

6. Funny because usually most that I see say 3500 K for veg and flower

7. Yeah, but from some of the things I have read lately regarding spectrum, I tend to think 4000K is a better compromise - Just my personal opinion.

8. You might be right. File away in brain file 25457435743Z for future possible use.

9. Im getting ready to pull a old file for making a diy ro water system.