6 weeks so far

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bobby820, Apr 3, 2004.

1. 4' Floro tubes 2 per plant would do. Or you can buy a 150w hps and hang it verticaly with the plants all around. floros are cheap but since oyu need so many it gets expensive, if you can get a 150w hps securitly light from homedepot, get it.

2. I just came back from vaca to see that one of plants is a male... Blah fuckin sucks it was growing so well too. Is there anything I can do with this plant before I toss it?

3. plant it far awy in the wood and forget about it till october-november and harvest it and make hash. Males have just as much if not more thc % then females. Its just smoking the sacks suck balls.

4. I didnt know that. I knew they had THC but not more than females. Is it actually visible liek are the leaves covered in them?

5. So you can smoke the male? You just let it age longer or whatever?

6. i disagree, male plants DO NOT have as much thc as females. you also cannot see thc crystals on male plants. i dont know where you got your info from gr0wer, but you better double check.

7. Have you ever grown a male, they do have chrysals on the sacks and leaves, and have you ever heard of people turning males into cannibutter or hash?

I have a book marijuanna chemistry and i has test of THC and CBD content amongst diffrent strains, taken at diffrent ages and in peak potency. Some had higher potency in males most were within 2%. Would you liek to see a scan of the page?

Where is your info from?

8. I'd be interested to see a scan of that page if ya woudn't mind.

9. Just thought i'd post this piece of info here from the book 'european cannabis cultivation' by Mel Thomas.

"Only the Female Produces buds, and there is no difference in the potency of the plants that are flowered at different ages, younger plants just yield less.Once the flowering Cycle has been induced a young plant will have the same THC content as an older one.THC is the name given to Cannabinoids, found in cannabis plants, which are unique to the species.Theyre not found anywhere else and although we can synthesize them in the laboratory, they are a poor imitation of natural THC.These Cannabinoids are actually made up of several different but related Chemicals with similar effects.They are Known as CBN, THCV, CBV and CBDV.
    There is also one chemical - labelled CBD - that is known to block the psycho-active effect of the others.Some plants will have all sets of chemicals in their make up, and there are several different versions of THC found in differing plants, so in practice we label these all as THC.
    The THC drug is principally contained in multicellular structures on the surface of the flower heads and smaller leaves called stalked capitate trichome glands.These appear as tiny, translucent, mushroom-like structures that are visible through a magnifying glass.The heads of these structures contain oil that is secreted as a sticky resin and that contains high levels of THC.
    The Glands are not the only multicellular structures on the plants surface.Bulbous glands, also known as sessile glands, are found on some of the leaves and contain low levels of cannabinoid.The other structures to look out for are unicellular hairs that actually look like short hairs , and cystolith hairs, which appear pointed under the magnifying glass and contain calcium carbonate deposits.Neither of these two structures contain any cannabinoids."
    CWL

10. Not all hope is lost I sujest a strict stem building reguim,lol. If you still want the plant to support the bud I suggest u pop a fan in and leave it on for 1 hour or two in the day. It should stregthen the stem. Allways a problem when transferring frominside to out. Or jusr put them where there is wind. Then no electrical bills. DONT WAIST THEM YOU BROUGHT THEM UP AND MAID THEM LIKE THAT SO DO SOMETHING TO PUT IT RIGHT. Peace out all.

11. How long does it take the male plant to start pollinating.. It still has white hair poppin out could it be a herm.. I'll post pics later..

12. white hairs popping out from where a bramche joins a stem mean its female. Male have sacs that look like clubs(the card) so when you see a male kill it.:0

13. Well I cut the male it was tough to do but I just had to do it.. But on the good side my thrid plant is a female!

14. good good, know if you wasted them all the potential THC would have vanashied. KNow there is light good luck with it. Make sure u strengthen the stem it wont be able to suport the bud and you will have a low yield. peace out

15. Why does smoking the sacks suck so much....i have smoked a male before and it wasnt terrible...And that is nice information on the males....ill use some of mine for the butter when the grow finished.....But also if a male has pollen sacks then it would seem to me that the plant would not have as much thc as a female because there wouldnt be as much room for the stalked capitate trichome glands to grow on....One other thing......celtic yor post was good but he didnt explain the thc content too well.....the potency of the young plant vs the mature plant will VARY greatly.....this is not due to stronger cannabinoids...... but to how many glands are on that certain plant that produce thc......therefore the older the plant the more bud....the more bud the more capitate trichome glands that will appear...therefore more thc....thats my 2 cents of it all....

Lol forgot to mention good luck on the new plants bobby...youll eventually get the hang of it.....just takes time...and read read read.....

16. I Can see wot u mean bob about how you'll have more THC but youre overlooking the obvious point about potency of a plant.A young plant will have the same potency as an older plant because they contain the same percentage of THC.
    So lets say u get 1 oz off the young plant and 3 oz off the older plant, so if they both had lets say 10% THC Content then we would have 2.8g of thc in one ounce from the younger plant and 2.8g THC in one ounce from the older plant.
    They will have the same potency but the older plant will yield more obviously!
    Its like saying that 2 bottles of beer is more potent than 1 bottle of beer, they will have the same potency but youll have twice as much.Potency is a relative term.
    You could smoke a male plant and get a buzz off it but when u could just as easily have a female plant producing juicy buds dripping with resin! Why bother?
    CWL

17. wow, this is awesome news, i was worried that the plants i got now would have to be killed when im moving , but now i see it wont matter much if i do, ill still get a 7 week flowering grow of them, and thats ok enough, or? i mean, the bigger it gets, the more risk of mold, cos i live in a cold country.

Attached Files:

• pot4.jpg
      pot4.jpg
      File size:
      15.6 KB
      Views:
  18. i dont care what ne book says.... male plants produce THC... maybe not as much but they do.... "genetics once again" ... ive grown many male plants and made hash .. canabutter and its preety damn good.... except i prefer female smoke over male sorry.... dont enjoyin sippin on the same sex! haha anyways they do produce thc but its not really worth it in my book ...

19. You can shorten the floweirng time so they finish in time by giving them 10 hours of light and 14 of dark. You loose a bit on yield but get more mature bud in the end.