6 weeks old blue mistic, what do yall think??

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by CanniBliss88, Mar 25, 2013.

1. I've previously tried to grow but not fully, and I did a ton of research spent decent money, but I would like to know what y'all think? It's 6 weeks old and almost 12" in a few days I'm thinking about switching over to flowering light cycle of 12-12 it's on 18-6 now.

2. Here are the pics.

Attached Files:

3. Looks like a nice healthy plant. What's your set up?

4. Thanks bro. All we have running is a 6500K CCL 23W, 100watt replacement. We haven't added any feed to the water just plain distiller water, the light is around 3 inches off. The soil we made ourselves with some miracle gro, perlite, peat, and some worm castings. The PH runs like 6.9-6.8

5. Oh god. You need more light. You have 23watts for one plant, you need at least 100w. Don't go by the equivalent watts.

What did you spend "decent" money on?

6. Honestly wow your plant looks healthy for 23w only.

EDIT: Get more light in there! I like the rule 100w per plant. People say 100 for the first plant then 50 for everyone after but I like 100 each

7. When I change it to the 12-12 cycle I will add more lights, it's a first time grow by the way. I said decent not a ton of money. My bad

8. Within the next 2-4 days I'm gonna switch the light cycle to 12-12 for flowering think it would be okay to add more light then?

9. It will be 100% worth the effort to get in the car, drive to walmart and get what you need.

Atleast get a 1-3 light socket adapter thing so you can use 3 bulbs with the one light socket. If you want, get a power strip and get the sockets that plug directly into it an I think you can get Y plugs so you can run 2 lights on one plug.

The sooner the better, the more the better. If you want a good good you NEED more light for flower. Make sure you get the right spectrum too!

10. Got it sparking the bowl up now on the way. And 2700k warm cfls is what I was going for

11. Well make sure you get what's sensible. Don't go spending money on things you don't need. The power strip idea I suggested would be your best bang for your buck.

One strip
    2 Y sockets
    3? bulbs
    Maybe a small fan if you don't already have one.

12. We have a fan but I will look for the strip

13. 6500/daylight to veg... 2700/warm white to flower... is what I see most people using CFLs doing.. but some use a mix of both.. add a 2700 to 2 6500s during veg..

i'll watch along..

14. Sweet man that's what I was going with the 2700K warm CFL's.

15. I use mix spectrum through veg and flower, I try to stay 3 to 1 6400k>2700k and then flip to more 2700k color temp in flower. I am building a reflector for my tent to mount 10 26w bulbs. I had planned on a 400w but its out of grasp for now, so working with what I have for now so we can get are strawberries and sone corn started then well you know :)

16. That's a pretty sweet set up. Let us know how those strawberries come out lol

17. Sure, I'll probably start a thread when in ready. First to please the wife I'm starting the garden in the tent then transplant outside when i get some clones.

18. Nice yeah man keep us updated on how it goes.

19. Update for y'all. Got two warm CFLs 2700K on it. It's 1 week into 12-12 light cycle. Where the top is bright green there is like 3-4 other spots like that but smaller.

Attached Files: