6 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by RTH, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Hey all,

I've been reading allot here trying to figure this one out before posting about it.

This one plant out of 6 is by far the best of the bunch, but now 6 weeks into flowering she is starting to develop leafs right at the top that are curling up and sort of browning. Take a look at the picture and tell me what you guys think is happening. Last Monday I, leached the soil with fresh clean water to flush out any nutrient buildup. I have kept the Ph level right around 6 to 6.4. If there is any other info needed to help correct the problem let me know and I post it if I can.<O:p

Thanks in advance.

RTH<O:p

Attached Files:

2. looks like might be heat stress, what type of lights you using. What soil and what nutes. A pick of the entire plant including the pot.

3. Thanks for the quick reply chimera.

I first thought heat stress too. But, this particular plant is a good 6 to 8 inches shorter than my tallest plant which sits about three inches under the lights and it shows no signs of stress at all. The plants spend most of their time out doors during the day and are moved in at night. I had to keep them inside for a few days due to being away for holidays.

The lights are a temporary set up consisting of two Philips Agro-lite bulbs rated at 120 watts and two CFL bulbs rated to 100 watts. They run 12/12.

<O:pThe soil is Scotts potting soil 0.0-0.01-0.0 and I've been feeding with Shultz 10-15-10 once every week and a half until I leached the soil last Monday. I haven't watered or feed them since.

On the down side, the plants have to share one 4 gallon bucket. I know this isn't ideal but it's what I have to go with for now and will probably finish the flowering this way too.

RTH

Attached Files:

4. I am curious, why you bring them in at night/? That's amazing how big they are considering they are all crammed into that pot.. I never thought that was possible..also, have you checked them for pests?

5. <O:p
    I bring them in at night for a couple of reasons. One, I sleep better knowing they are under lock and key and the second reason is the night air temp is dropping down into the lower 40s upper 30s.

They didn't start life in the pot all together. A forced move to save them from destruction led to the single pot. I don't want to transplant again. I almost didn't survive the root shock myself on the first transplant :eek: .

There could very well be pest. A few leafs show signs of something nibbling on them. I have been keeping a close on it though.

RTH<O:p

6. Those blue lights, they get pretty hot? I'd bet that your plant with problems sat under one of them. They are not really recommended for MJ. I'd grab more CFLs and replace them. The yellowing of lower fan leaf indicates a nitro deficiency. Might want to give them a shot of blood meal, or any high nitrogen fert. But, before you do that though, fill your pot up as far as possible to give your plants more root room.

7. Cool, I'll take care of that and see what happens.

Thanks,

RTH

8. god please get rid of the blue lights.. they may be "grow lights" but not only one are the horribly inneficent they also put off a lot of heat and chimera is most likely right about that heat stress. go get a few more cfl and replace the blue ones! the only reason im stressing you get rid of them is because ive used them before and they only got me problems.... goodluck with the grow!

9. opps one more quick thing... go buy some electrical tape and tape up those wires..... last thing i wanta see is you on tv getting busted over 2 plants and some faulty electrical work.. toke it up!

10. Yeah, those wires are looking kinda sketchy... You may want to go to Wal-Mart and drop $20 on some good light sockets with clamps and reflectors, which is what I'm currently using. Should be pretty easy to attach to your rig, and it'll definitely keep you away from fires.

11. to the last 2 posters, you realize this thread is 4 months old, right?

12. Apparently neither of them bothered to look at the date.

As for the hazard you guys think you see...nothing is at risk of shock or electrical fire. The wire that's exposed is nothing more than ground. No risk there.

As pointed out, this thread is over 4 months old. The lights were a temp fix until the 400 watt transformer arrived and I was able to build it.

Thanks for the concern though.

13. Hey RTH, how you been. good to see you still lurking. I'll be getting some bubble buckets started real soon, I'm so excited. peace

14. Doing great! Thanks for asking. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods joe.

Tomorrow night I get to start work on a three plant harvest :hello:

Once that's done I'm through until next fall. It's starting to get to hot for my shed growing.

The next go will be Northern Lights.

Glad to hear you're moving on to HP system. You'll have a blast with it. I know I did.

Stay in touch.