6 weeks into flower plant deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Denverhobbyist, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Hello, this is my first post. I have been experimenting quite a bit with a new setup:

I've been using 6, 330 watt CMH bulbs 16-24" above plants.

Strain is Biodiesel. It should be a roughly 9 wk strain and I am shooting for about 10.

I have been feeding in flower recently to a total around 1000 PPM at 5.3 to 5.7 PH.

I grow using a drip system from a 30 gallon storage on to a flood table in the Tupur brand soilless (coco, bark, perlite) mix in 5 gallon smart pots. I started out my plants with Age Old Organic liquid grow mix. I currently have cut out the Age old since I don't need as much nitrogen this late in flower after the stretch.

I am running a nearly full line of the roots organic bloom for flower. The nutrients are very thick and frequently clog the Drippers. Also, the pH needs to be adjusted frequently along with it naturally needing to be adjusted with plant nutrient uptake and salt release

The plants have been in excellent health and currently i have just run into a problem: my leaves are turning pale yellow after initially having opaque spots on the top sides of the fan leaves.

I was giving my normal amount of nutrients and also added an additional 4 ounces of cal-mag noticing that the plants looked like they could use a boost. I also gave 10ml ( roughly a quarter of minimum dose for 30 gallons) of Bloombastic. I did not premix in a gallon of water and this may have contributed to the problem. I checked my ph and nutrient PPM and was at 5.4 and 1040 PPM after mixing nutrients. The next morning I came down and plants had consumed about 6 gallons and the ppm level had dropped to 700. The ph had also risen to 6.8.

It seems to me that a simultaneous nutrient lockout and nutrient burn has occurred.

I have been in flush for past 3 days. 1st day flush with 1 1/2 tsp/ gallon of Epsom salt ph balance to 5.8. Next two days are just plain water 5.8.

It does not look any better and like the leaves cannot turn back after starting to go yellow.

Here is a picture of it beginning and then the progression on a worse part of the same plant.

If anyone could weigh in from experience that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Might be wrong on this but my plant was sucking up all the nutrients in the leaves around the 6th week and people had told me my plant was healthy. Its a natural.occurrence.

Good luck

3. Nitrogen Toxicity ...too much Nitrogen
    Dark green leaves and foliage
    • Leaf tips turn down, without signs of over watering.
    • You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
    • Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
    • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
    • Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses
    • As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying