6 Weeks Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TDank41, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Acquired my medical card a few months back so have been finally experimenting indoors!

I've got a OG Lowryder cross that's about 6 weeks into flower.
    It was grown organically from seed and was the better part of 14 weeks into its life when switched to 12/12. For about 4 weeks before switching to 12/12 I had the lights running at 16/8 until they showed pre flower to be positive of the sex. She's been fed a pretty steady weekly batch of the General Organics and my PH is around 6.8 right out of my well.

What I'm wondering is a couple of things:

1. Is the burnt leaf edges just a part of it being this far into flowering?

2. Could growing them so long and then changing the length of light so far into its life before switching to 12/12 cause it to finish sooner?

3. I've tried to look around a good amount throughout a good bit of the studying I've done over the years, but this being my first indoor grow through to harvest I'm still not positive if the trichs are the same amount developed on the tops of the lower buds which still have a bit of white hairs as they are on the main cola which has minimal white hairs? I've read plenty on cutting tops first and letting lower pop corns go longer but I don't know how that affects the trichs on those lowers.

Here's a couple pictures:

\/ Lower Branch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. burnt leaf tips aren't much to worry about that late into flowering

3. That is a lovely pot plant you have there. She is in great shape. Nice growing. You are good at this.

Burnt leaf tips indicates overfeeding. But it's cumulative. Overfeed once and you get burnt tips. They will never turn unburnt. Overfeed a second time and the burn will travel a little farther up from the tip, et cetera. What you've got there is nothing to worry about.

This is true for any damage the plant incurs. Once it's there, it's there for good, unless you cut it off. As a result, plants can get to look pretty damned gnarly by the time they reach the last stages of flowering, especially plants grown by absolute beginners. But your plant is a real beauty. She has been treated well.

I don't think so. It finishes when it finishes. Every plant is different. A hybrid of hybrids inherits all sorts of genetics. There might have been a real fast finisher or two somewhere in that family tree. And every grower's definition of "finished" is different. Now, if you rush her in there before she's sexually mature, before she's showing pre-flowers, then yeah, she'll take longer to flower just because she'll take longer to start flowering.

There are certainly lots of growers that harvest in stages. Other growers lollipop their plants, removing all the lower growth. Like a lobster enthusiast that only eats the tails and never bothers with the claws, never mind sucking out the contents of those skinny legs.

I don't do either of those things. I go by how the trichs look up top and harvest the whole plant in one shot. The main cola (or colas, if you top your plants) is the most potent bud on the plant, in my experience, but I smoke it all and make bubble hash out of the leaves & stems. :D

Welcome to Grass City.

4. Thanks for the quick response!