6 weeks flowering, mad hairs no bud :/

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nytoker, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I have plants in the 6th week of flowering. 4 different types, and only one (Jack Herer)is showing buds. the other 3 are sour n sage, bubble gum and mr nice devil. From a distance it sort of looks like bud, has crazy white hairs everywhere, but if you look close the hairs are about the only thing there. Whats the deal. The packaging for most of the seeds says a flowering time of 60 days, and thats only 2 weeks away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Any pics?

3. This is only if given the proper circumstances. How is your grow area designed? Your growth stage and yield will vary depending on your set up. If you can provide further detail, such as light specs, grow area design/space, soil, nutes, watering methods and etc, perhaps I can further help you.

Good luck with everything!:smoking:

4. Ill work on getting some pics for you, my phone camera sucks. 1500sqft room, i use only about 100(10x10). 1000w hps(i think, the reddish orange one) 4in pvc, feed 4x a day for 5min(i have pressure differentials, so some pipes fill all the way and some dont) during light on with 35oz Pure blend pro bloom, 10oz liquid karma, 18oz sweet out of and back into a 27gal rez. Change water every 2 weeks, maybe a couple days more(hey ima toker :) got one of those light tracks about 3 weeks ago, but the mature(6wk flower) plants are in the middle. have a fan blowing through a duct into the room, dont know the cfm, another fan circulation air, and a wide open door at the top of the stairs(this is in the basement btw). just put the duct fan in about 1.5 wk ago. hmm, whatelse. temp stays 53-65F, humidity rarely over 65 with a low of 20 something. anyhting else youd like to know?

5. It seems like you have a pretty good setup under the HPS;). Everything seems fine, although the best temps would be mid 70's, but I don't think this is part of your concern. So we've eliminated the concern of your setup, take pics of the buds that you're seeing, and the entire plant. This could just be an issue of time, your plant may just be flowering slowly, and could surprise you in the end, but lets see some pics:smoking:

Edit: Also, is your 1000w HPS in the needed light spectrum? For the flowering stage, you want to make sure it produces light in the 2700kelvin spectrum.

6. Temps in the 50's is starting to get a little low. Maybe if you kept the lights on during the coldest hours of the day that can help.

7. Not sure what the bulb frequency is, ill post later if I can find its packaging, still workin on getting some pics for you guys to see. The light cycle is 6:30pm to 6:30am, so I think im pretty close to having it on during the coldest times of the day. One issue that I failed to mention was that there placed directly into the flower cycle from the veg 6am-mid, so on the first day of flower cycle they see a 24.5hr light period. was thinkin this may be stressing them out. would it be better to remove from veg cycle and keep them in the dark for 18.5 hours then put them into the flower cycle?

8. Does not matter either way they were really not stressed all that much with your above descriptions.

9. if you grow around the 50's growth just about stops,best temp is around 70,75

10. are the plants you're concernd with sativas or mostly sativas? it sounds alot like the N.L. x Haze i am growing. its buds were all hairs untill like the 7th week, then finally started to fill in a little. its now week nine and the hairs are still 90% white. its the first sativa i've grown and i was trippin too. i almost cut it down.

11. are you counting flowering day from when you switched the lights OR from when you first saw bud? your suppose to start counting when you see bud devolopment so maybe your 2 weeks less than what you assume?

12. Im having the same problem except im outdoors...im not sure if its a slow growing strain and takes longer than the 55-60 day flowering that was first said...its also 6 weeks into flowering (come this friday) and it seems to be growing quite slow. Can i get some pics to compare with mine mate?

13. Great avatar s12fever

14. Hey Smokin, hows the NSX?

nytoker any chance you can get some pictures up because i'd like to compare mine...could just be impatience but these seeds have an apparent 55-60 days of flowering so...anyone reckon this is slow growth for an outdoor plant 5 and a half weeks into flowering?

Attached Files:

15. Hey bubbahs yeah she is good. I broke down and got some bigger rubber in the form of rims and tires. Finall after years of searching I found something I liked and that fit. I am actually putting more work into your GSR.

How is yours?

Nice plants I think they are OK. I see no problems.

16. I know this thread is OLD as hell. BUT!!!!!! After reading a bunch of different websites, I decided to write a breeder myself, and see if they would respond. I decided to go with Greenhouse Seeds, and they replied my email in less than 24 hours. I am only posting this to help any future people wondering when the breeders themselves start counting. I hope this help someone in the future. Now I know that this is only 1 breeder, and I will try to email a few more, but for now....... Here is a copy of my email from Greenhouse Seeds.
    Happy Holidays,
    The Dr
    Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX(my name doesn't matter),

Thank you for your email.

You start counting from the moment you switch the light to 12/12. The
    flowering time depends on which strain you are growing. If you completed the
    flowering weeks and the hairs are still quite white you can leave them a bit
    longer. When 20-30% of the hairs become brown they are ready.

Kind regards,

GHSC

17. well i have a euforia from thseeds and its seven weeks in lookin just like yours so hopefully its ok