6 weeks flower leaves changing colors

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by js/sj, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Some fan leaves are turning lime green and getting yellower. Not sure on strain but I did up the nutrients not long ago. Put the nutes back to normal. Someone told me that the plant is about 2 weeks away from harvest. That's why its doing this. Buds aren't very big though yet. uploadfromtaptalk1392016033273.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392016050404.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392016087644.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2. #2 mmman, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. I've had leaves yellow up in week 6, by next week they will probably fall off. Quite normal I think.

4. If you only have two weeks remaining, I'd start flushing with properly phed water, especially since you're having issues.

5. 4 gal pots
    Ocean forest soil
    Npk is 1.18-4.84-4.88
    No bugs
    Temp is unknown (room tempish) pH is 6.5
    1000 watt dual arc hps
    Unknown strain
    Indoors
    About 600ml a day per plant of water (w/ nutes)

6. These are the nutes. And a drop of super thrive. Just went down in nutes. I was doing 3x what I just posted. I just put it back [​IMG]

7. If you were to do a run-off measurement, I'm sure you would find that the ph has changed. Just because you're using FF doesn't mean the ph of your root-zone hasn't been altered. Soil will only buffer to a degree, so if you still want to know, do a run-off and check it's ph?

8. My plants always have leaves that turn yellow about halfway through flowering.  About week 5 my lower, oldest, leaves will look healthy but will turn yellow curl up and fall off.  I think its normal.

9. Still not a whole lot of bud production uploadfromtaptalk1392183641995.jpg

10. uploadfromtaptalk1392183680511.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392183693492.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392183709671.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392183725561.jpg

last pic lightburn? I moved light away from it

11. Plants have issues, bud production is diminished. If you don't want to do a run-off to ascertain the plants health than you'll simply have to live with your final results.  I can tell that the root-zone ph is low, how low? Last pic is a terrible Mg deficit.

12. #12 Skunky Monkey, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    As the NPK ratio becomes more dominant in phosphorus and pottasium rather than nitrogen yellowing of the leaves occurs in flowering. It's a good thing to much nitrogen means more leaf growth and less phosphorus pottasium which build flowers stems rooots also keeping the nitrogen levels down effects the tase as well.

Late flowering stage shouldn't look pretty all the upper leaves should be yellowing ect

Check your pH just to be sure

13. with a heavy list of additives you have to flush that much more. Try a few days of dehydration....in flower i have heard of a week with no water. Like a few times in the 40-50 days it takes.  The pot and everything could be picked up with one finger. If you have never dehydrated the plant them maybe i wouldn't start now. A plant will give a horrible yield if you are watering too much. Strong stem gj on training you could hang christmas lights (the led ones for sure) on it. 

14. Botanicare just gives a all around healthy plant.  Certainly don't top that lanky bastard now its too late to just cut the flower off and reveg it make it produce