6 week old plant on a 12/12 schedule help please!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Keekapoo, Jun 29, 2012.

1. The person I bought this clone off of had her on a 12/12 schedule I would preferably had her on a 24 hour schedule, but I know that there are ways around a 12 hour lighting schedule.

Has anyone had to switch a plant from 12/12 back to 24/0? I thought babying it back adding 4 hours a day or two then just leaving the lights on until veg is done then going back to 12 /12 when it was time for flowering.

Because I grow organically, I utilize information from various resources. I am familiar with botany and I grow carnivorous plants and other plants as well. I feel like this would be ok and not cause the plant to become hermaphroditic because it is similar to the change in sunlight [i am using leds] as if it were fall winter.

I hope that gives a general idea and I would like some input or experiences please and thank you!

It may effect the amount a bit but I would like to see her grow more before I switch to flowering.

2. I'd change it to a veg cycle not keep adding more light each day, more stress IMO :smoke:

3. If memory serves me correctly (about half the time, haha) - The 12/12 light schedule is, as per your concern, to trigger the plant into flowering. I'm in agreement with Wiz, I'd lean more towards something like an 18/6 schedule. I believe I recall recently reading that current studies suggest that's actually better than 24/0.

4. Great advice 18/6 gives the plant some time to sleep. You could do 20/4. Like the other said go ahead and change now to the hrs you want. Also feed nitrogen in high levels to trigger veg.

5. I have had some clones in early flower at 12.12 and put them into the 18/6 room. They did a LITTLE slower from the top but all reverted to veg.. looked very funny for a little bit but it can be done..

6. Thank you. I think I am going to go with 18/6. I have seen that research and that sleep schedule is definitely needed. It also makes this transition less harsh [for the plants lol... I still need a new timer] Thank you guys!

7. i just did it from a small clone that was out side and i brought it in under 24hrs now for about a week and its looking alot happier ( im going to make it a mother)