6 strains that are best for beginners

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NWestblessed, Nov 20, 2011.

1. I've never grown and harvested a plant but I've seen it been done and I'm still quite knowledgable about buds. I guess I'm just trying to narrow it down to the most stress and mold resistant strains out there. I like sativas. Some advice from those with much experience would be greatly appreciatted.

2. Pineapple Chunk is a extremely resistant plant, to temperature and mold. Though it is indica.

Kali Mist has been my favorite sativa to grow/smoke. its 90% sativa 10% indica ... grow to about 7 feet tall indoors, it's one mammmmoth plant.

3. 1st time grow. i got a oaksterdam sativa clone. that all i know about it but she has done good so far

4. If I were to reccomend 6 for the same question with the knowledge I have now I'd say early skunk, super skunk, afghani #1/afghan goo, white widow, kali mist and northern lights

5. white widow but watch out in my experience powdery mildew can affect it,

it is extremely easy and soooo easy to clone

RC

6. northern lights all the way

7. Bagseeds..6 of em...........

8. I heard master kush as well?

9. I concur with northern lights and white widow. Have em both going in my first grow, and have given me zero issues. :)

10. im growing super iced grapefruit as my first grow. 3 days in to flowering n had no problems with my girls at all

11. Master and most other kush are good for starters. Especially Master cause it has close to no smell when flowering, so it reduces risk a tad.

I heard Blue Dream was pretty easy to succeed with, considering it's mostly sativa hybrid.

12. big bud is another good noob strain. you can really abuse that strain and still get....big buds.

13. [quote name='"LeftHandLead"']

Master and most other kush are good for starters. Especially Master cause it has close to no smell when flowering, so it reduces risk a tad.

I heard Blue Dream was pretty easy to succeed with, considering it's mostly sativa hybrid.[/quote]

Kush plants are risky for mold. Those big thick India's can be tricky sometimes depending on your climate

14. Do mold risks increase from hydro to soil?

15. [quote name='"LeftHandLead"']Do mold risks increase from hydro to soil?[/quote]

No it's more the environment . Are u talking indoor. I was more referring to outdoor. Indoor they are all pretty easy to grow because u can control the environment. Outdoor u are at the mercy of mother nature

16. Indoor, but thanks for the heads up about that mold sensitivity... Planning on pushing up some cataract soon, all info is appreciated.:cool:

17. Yea, usually when a breeder recommends a strain as "outdoor", it just means it has mold resistant genetics, no guarantee tho. "Outdoor" beans do just fine indoors.

I teach patients and get them independent here in RI. Older folks, many closet grows of 4-6 plants, perpetual. I use AK-48 for every new patient we bring on board. I've never seen anything produce the way it does with such little effort. Very resilient to mistakes and great vigor. Cheap too. Time proven-Highly recommended for the beginner.

Grow 'em up!

18. try nirvana's bubbleliscious, super skunk, and widow they explode espescially the bubble and skunk. Im trying Dyna fem deisel now and barneys pineapple chunk, blue mammoth, and world of seeds kush ryder. ill let yall know.

19. has anyone ever grown nirvanas ice, im having a hell of a time getting them to germ, any suggestions, is my temp not right?? everything else has exploded and ive tried 6 beans now and no luck so far its been 4 days. please help...