6 Strain 8'x18' Greenhouse Cali Medical Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by TmbleHigh1, May 29, 2012.

1. Hey guys! So I have just started off my first greenhouse season, been running indoor for a while. This is a 24 plant medical grow here in the Cali sunshine, currently only have 19.

Soil: 3 parts Fox Farms Ocean Forest, 1 part Happy Frog
    Climate: I have an 8" hydro farm inline on an 8" Phresh filter exhausting the room, connecting to a CAP temp/humidity controller. Also have a huge water cooler hooked up to the room.
    Temps today were a cool 84' in the greenhouse, a cool 74' around 4:30pm

4 Ken's GDP in 3 gal smart pots, placed about 3-4" into 15 gallon pots.
    3 White Widow in 3 gal smart pots placed about 3-4" into 10 gallon pots.
    7 Strawberry Kush in 7" square pots.
    5 Grand Daddy Purple (Different strain or pheno from the other) in 7" square pots.

All the ones in 7" square pots will be put into 5 gal smart pots I have waiting for them in about a week. The larger ones just got transplanted into the big pots an buried today!

I have a sweet 25gal bait bucket for watering with a dump pump and hose. Wish it was a 55gal as I won't e able to water the whole garden with it later in the season but no worries.

This greenhouse was used for orchids but has now become our way to produce medicine for the year. My grandmother will be getting a double hip replacement as well has both of her knees once she has recovered. She was just started on some new medication to help numb the rimitoid arthritis. Pretty sure I misspelled that! :smoke We are super excited for her to be able to get about better! June 4th!

Attached Files:

2. Went out to the greenhouse to check on the girls today. Greenhouse sitting at a happy 80-83' today at 2pm. Hoping the cooler can keep it under 85 without much problem.

Girls have already started to take off into their new pots, all the smaller GDP's and Strawberry Kush girls in square pots got topped today. I also added two 16" wall fans to the room, noticed they are helping distribute the cooler air from the water cooler, but also mixing it with the hot air at the top. In the end I ended up with a much more stable temp across the greenhouse that was just slightly higher than before which I am okay with. I'd rather them all be in 83' than 12 in 79', 6 in 82' and the last 6 in 87'.

New pics of the greenhouse :) Any comments, concerns or questions?

2nd pic are of the GDP in 15 gals
    3rd pic is of the White Widows in 10 gals
    4th and 5th pic of are the Strawberry Kush' topped
    6th and 7th of new fans put in today
    8th is of the Pre98 GDP topped

Attached Files:

3. No love for the greenhouse? Lol, I could use all the help I can get :p If any one has any advice or wisdom to share about organics or teas please feel free to share.

4. Are you doing light deprivation? I'll be following your grow :smoke:

5. Thanks for tagging along! Im not doing any sort o light deprivation or artificial lighting at all for them. They were all started indoor an hardened off to the natural sun. Days will still be getting longer for a good 2 weeks so I think they should be able to get a decent veg in before the turn to flowering mode.

I have though already started on next years greenhouse, it will be built in the back of the property in an open orange field. Unfortunately this greenhouse gets shaded by massive trees west of it as the sun is setting. Next years will be in direct sun from sunrise to sunset :)

6. No pics for today's update but all of the larger GDP and Ww girls were topped again. Anything shooting up or longer than 5" or so got topped. Hopefully we will see them bush out real fast and go for 3-4 tops to 8ish. Temps were at a high of 84.7' today

7. Got up to 102' in direct sun today and the greenhouse held pretty good, high of 90.1 inside. I'd like to keep it lower, especially knowing it will reach 110+ this summer but not sure what else I can do without taking a big chunk of change out of my pocket. The greenhouse is already wrapped in plastic, has the water cooler, and a 8" vortex pulling out air from the top of it :/

Any cheap suggestions?

Will update with pics tomorrow. New tops are coming in nicely. Going to set up a screen across the top of them soon and start spreading them out. I want to have the whole left side of this place filled with buds :)

8. The screen went up yesterday. I made it out of twine so it would be easy to take down. I plan on spreading them out in this screen until they start to outgrow it, then give them a metal screen try can flower through and finish in.

I will have another update later today with new pics but here's for yesterday :) The girls are pretty saggy, was super hot today they just got a watering and sprayed.

I would like to have a tea for them, just started gathering materials for it. So far I have Bone meal, worm castings, Alaskan humus, and alfalfa meal. Just placed an order for cottonseed, flaxseed, and canola seed meal, pure Humic acid, and fish enzyme. Should be a nice tea if I do it right at least lol.

Attached Files:

9. So the past few days have web extremely hot and I'm pretty damn proud of how things have gone and temps inside. Hottest inside the greenhouse on record is 90.7.

I really need to give these girls a tea, I wasn't planning on running this greenhouse organically but I figured I may as well. And it will give me the experience I will need for next years larger greenhouse.

GDP girls are comin through the screen nicely. The white widows are just starting to poke at it. I'm kind of disappointed with how slow the strawberry kush and pre98 gdp's are growing though. They don't seem to be getting enough light to me, or something else must be wrong I can't see. I've never had transplanted clones grow so slowly, and they had pretty good root systems in their cups before I transplanted :shruggs

I noticed I slightly burnt a few of the lower leaves on a few of the girls :( Spraying some strong neem around the bottom of the plants. Stronger than the foliage dose I give them, and some of it must have accidentally gotten on them.

Attached Files:

10. Looking good man, keep it up :) How have you been controlling the heat so far?

11. Thanks for stopping by Az, I have an 8" vortex fan pulling air from the top as well as a water cooler (not sure of the size which I should probably check) but it was used for this same greenhouse for orchids for years and done great.

Can't wait to give them their tea. I am starting it tomorrow afternoon :smoke

12. Update

I picked up 5 more clones today, 2 Purple Dragon, and 3 Blue Dream Haze. Those finally put me at my legal 24.

I started brewing my tea today, can't wait to give it to the girls, while they are very healthy their growth hasn't impressed me at all. Im hoping once I get some good microbes going in there they will take off. Very cool 2 days, holding a nice 72-75'. Will have pics up tomorrow

13. Update! Everything was just transplanted into final containers!

7 strawberry kush. \
    4 pre98 GDP / Got put in 5 gal smart pots

2 purple dragon. \
    3 blue dream haze | Got put in reg 5 gal buckets
    1 pre98 GDP. /

The ones in regular buckets are the smallest, and should have plenty of room with how small they started this season.
    The others were put into 5 gal smart pots and should do great.

The whole greenhouse will get an awesome organic brewed tea at 6:30am this morning. Hoping to see good results from it, none of the girls have received any nutrients so far.

1st pic- 4 big Ken's GDP girls
    2nd pic- 3 blue dream haze, 2 purple dragon, and 1(bigger) pre98 GDP
    3rd pic- closest on right are te 7 strawberry kush, the two I. Smart pots in the far back are per 98 gdps
    4th pic- 3 larger white widows, an 2 pre98 gdps, closest , far left

Attached Files:

14. You're going to have a ton of smoke, and variety too :)

15. I hope so! I will have an update for you with new pics later today. The girls got their first tea and are liking it so far, will take pics when I go out today

16. Update!

The girls seemed to have loved the tea they got at sunrise. All the 5 gal smart pot girls have REALLY taken off. Even the small seedling sized clones have started to show new growth.

Really excited with how much the veg so far has done for them, I was originally worried I got a very late start but am starting to think space will get tight really quick! Especially when they are rearranged to their final flowering location and spread out.

Pics!
    1st- strawberry kush top view
    2nd- strawberry kush side view
    3rd- blue dreams
    4th-2 small purple dragon and 1 pre98 gdp
    5th-2 pre98 GDP
    6th- 3 ww top view
    7th- 3 ww side view
    8th- 4 GDP screen view
    9th 4 GDP side view

I've turned the thermostat up 8', and put the exhaust fan on a cap controller. I'm hoping this next week I can get the plants metabolism kicked up a bit by letting it get warmer, am also going to increase the fan speeds and really give them some air. We have a whole week of 100' weather ahead of us!

What do you guys think??

Attached Files:

17. Pic Update!

Plants seem to doing okay with the organic teas so far, they have been given 0 chemical nutrients so far and I'm kind of surprised. I usually run the fox farm line in soil or the Lucas Formula for all my hydro and I thought I would for sure see some sort of deficiency by now. They haven't shown signs of any so far though :) on to the pics

1st- strawberry kush
    2nd- right 3 are blue dream haze, GDP In the middle, 2 purple dragon babies on left
    3rd and 4th- more gdps
    5th- the 3 ww girls
    6th- the 4 Ken's GDP
    7th- the whole left side, with white widows and kens

I'm kind of nervous of the stretch I'll see in flowering... I have limited height and have no idea what these bigger WW's and Ken's plants will do. I have growth them both indoor before, but none of this side and not outdoor.

I think I'm going to set up a metal screen across the middle and really stretch them out as much as I can and keep them low and let them grow through it.

Let me know what you guys think so far

Attached Files:

18. Sorry for double posting the pics. They wouldn't finish "uploading" and I deleted them and redid them, now they are up twice >.>

19. This grow is so awesome. Exactly what I want to do in my future. For sure watching this. Excellent work. Theyre lookin prime :hello:

20. Thanks lovemybuds! Nice to get some feedback! Things are just starting to roll along and it's becoming a lot less work. I'm finding the organically route is much more hands off then what I'm used to. It's nice!