6 Plants under a mars hydro 300w LED

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Girl Scout Cookies Auto, Dec 15, 2016.

1. do you think I would be able to pull 12oz from all 6 plants or would I need another light?

2. You'll need a lot more light. 1 panel is good for 2-3 plants.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What light would you suggest? I want to pull 12oz every 4 months

4. 1 300w mars is good for 1-2 plants...their footprint is like 1.5x1.5

5. grams per watt is the equation your looking for. if 1 gram of bud can be achievedfor each actual watt used( 300w led panel is actually only bout 180w) then your looking for about 350-400w REAL draw. Also there will be a learning curve and you will not hit a gram per watt your first few time learning how to best care for yourplants. Honestly if you want to get close to that number I would suggest 2 of the Mars 600w units(300+w actual draw each) at around 600 watts actual draw and 2x2 footprint each u should be able to flower 6 healthy plants and get to or above your numbers your looking for

• Like Like x 1
  6. What if I was to use a hps would that be cheaper to run and buy?

7. #7 Dr. Natty Light, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Following up to what he said, .5g/w is AVERAGE for LED panels. Mars 300w lights are guaranteed 140W+ actual draw.

I think you could pull off 6 smallish/medium plants with 600W's (wouldn't get 12oz though), but also look into running HPS instead if you're really trying to pull some O's. It's a lot more set up, and significantly more money to run, but the results are worth it as you can definitely pull 1g/W with experience.

HPS will require a lot of ventilation as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I used a Mars 600 278 draw on my first run in a 36x20x62 inch tent with inline cf, clip fans etc. used Femmed seeds from Nirvana got 6 ounces of dank bud. The light was $130 then. The 300's pull 140 true draw like mentioned. It depends on your budget and Grow area for Hid. higher temps and electricity tho, I think a 2x4 with 3x300's IMO. Btw for 6 Femmed seeds you would need a 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1