6 plants under a 400w hps?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Str8 BlaZiN, Jul 13, 2011.

1. So im setting up my grow room (walk in closet).and i have a 4oow hps sun system hood and bulb. i was thinking of growing 6 plants but im not sure if thats enough light for 6 plants so maby ill do 4 in stead of 6? also im thinking i should buy a metal halide bulb for veg and then put the hps bulb on for flower? if its not enough light maby i can put some cfls with it? The seeds i have right now are, LSD, Supper Lemon Haze. Chemdog, Blueberry, New York Power Diesel (NYPD), and Heavy Duty fruity. i was planing on growing all 6 at once is that a bad idea? What Would You Guys Suggest!!!! ? Thanks peace.

2. I grew 6 plants under 400watts for a few years, but I changed my setup so now I veg 24/7 under a 400w and then bloom under a 600w.

I use a Lumatek adjustable ballast, so the only thing I have to remember is what mode I am in (veg or bloom).

A "rule of thumb" is 100w per plant.

3. Disregard this post.

4. cool 100w per plant thats good to know thanks!

5. I grew 4 under 400w I do not think I would do more then that. 4 filled my whole tent up.

6. Id say go with 4 plants, six can get sorta crowded, especially when that flowering stretch hits...