6 plants first grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by spotthedestroyer99, Nov 24, 2018.

1. I’ve read quite a bit about QBs I just can’t drop that kind of money on lights right away lol. Thought about maybe doing CMH instead of LED. I have everything ready to go besides my lights

2. Makes sense if money is an issue you could get some cheap LEDs or cfls just for seedling stage and save up I'd recommend not buying a cheap light then a month later going to need to buy another or upgrade may as well go all out on a good one cuz it'll last you a long time and won't have several streched plants

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I fucked myself over buying a 70 dollar light cuz now I'm gonna have to get another for like 400 to meet my needs coulda done that in the first place and just started my grow a bit later

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I hear that. I already have a Hydrofarm 8 bulb t5 the newest quantum model if I want to stay veg under that while I save for a QB. But I have a 4x8 tent so I’m going to need multiple lights per 4x4 area

5. Don’t cheap out on lights guys. Especially if you sell it. You’ll make it back in no time.

The best light right now is not that bad. For your 4x8, 8-qb96elite v2’s and 4-
    HLG-320H-54a drivers, some 18 ga solid core wire, a plug end, and aluminum angle from Home Depot. Make 4- 2 light sections with the boards 10” from each side of the tent, and approx 20” between sections. That will be about 1400 watts of intense light with reds and deep reds and an even 1000 ppfd about 16” above the canopy. Cost is approximately $1250 but capable of 2000 grams easily.

504A86C2-587D-4D63-97E8-1E5ED2A86333.jpeg 9D7AE7C6-1012-49F5-ACAF-C0D9939400BE.jpeg

6. 6 weeks from seed update few days till I get my 5 gallon pots and new LED light to accompany my 300w(140 true watt ) this one's 380 true watt and in about 2 -4 weeks going to switch to flower and start some new seeds for next run IMG_20181204_161819.jpg

7. Rearranged room added new light and a fan topped plants for last time and rearranged the tie downs moved lights little farther up as well due to some light bleaching from before I got new light IMG_20181205_170240.jpg IMG_20181205_165417.jpg

8. Fighting with the heat from new light going to use the fan that's pulling air in as an extra exhaust and just open a flap to let air in

9. Thinking about using my exhaust that is technically just a duct booster made a mistake when buying and connecting it to the duct I have on my fan to increase exhaust rather than having 2

10. Fixed heat issue and transplanted into 5 gal fabric pots plants a little droopy due to me giving too much water during the 2 days of heat fluctuating from 16 Celsius to 40 but they have perked up already after only a few hours in new pot as well as started a little starter room for seedlings which will be moved into tent and buddy's house when these are done going to flip in 2 weeks 1544243524662.jpg 1544243544535.jpg

11. What is the thing marked number 2 in this picture? And is that blue light always on for number 1?
    [​IMG]
    If the light is always on you might want to think about taking that out of there when you flower, the plants aren’t supposed to get any blue light during lights out. Only spectrum that’s ok to have hitting plants during dark periods is green.

My New Grow

12. It's very dim blue it's just the timer for the lights I can pop it out back of the tent when I flower and the other thing is just a real small humidifier and it also is able to have the light turned off and still be on

13. blue light is Only on when lights are on

14. Get rid of the humidifier, you need low humidity during flower not high. Higher risks mould. And as long as the light isn’t on during the dark period you’re fine.

My New Grow

15. Ya wasn't going to use it for flower avg humidity in tent is 30-40 used humidifier more when they were little

16. 30-40 is fine for the whole grow imo. They don’t really need higher than that really.

My New Grow

17. Plants have ajusted to New pots and today was first day of 12/12 light schedule still having issues with heat tho gets up to 31 and I'd like it lower for flowering this LED light puts out quite a bit of heat have all 3 bottom mesh flaps open and 2 Sunbeam house fans exhausting into room and 1 100cfm duct booster exhausting out my window only if I leave window open to cool my room it keeps temps down during lights on but makes it way too cold during lights off need a better exhaust fan asap so I can get this heat in check IMG_20181212_191505.jpg