6 Northern Lights x Big Bud + 2 Bagseed Journey

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jahlovepeace, Nov 17, 2010.

1. #1 Jahlovepeace, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    Grow Area:
    4'x4'x4' grow box with no top, three sides are screwed together, the front piece is velcroed on for ease of entry

Lights:
    Veg - 400w 4200k MH
    Flower - 400w 2200k HPS

24/7 for first 2 weeks - 18/6 for 2-3 more weeks - 12/12 until harvest

Medium:

2 parts Premium Horticulture Pro Mix BX
    2 parts earthworm castings
    1 part perlite

1 tbsp/gallon of medium -
    Mycorrhizae Blend - A Blend of 8 Strains of Endo/Ecto Mycorrhizae.

Nutrients:
    Veg - Fox Farm Grow Big
    Flower - Fox Farm Tiger Bloom

Ventilation:
    2 fans blowing 24/7, one onto the plants, one at the light.
    4" 105 CFM Axial fan mounted to the front wall, bringing air into the box.

Seeds:
    2x bag seed
    6x Northern Lights x Big Bud feminized from attitude (Will be germinating these seeds once my PH meter arrives in the mail, should be this week.)

Misc:
    Dixie Party cups to start and then into 1 gallon pots, and finally into 3 gallon pots
    Hanna Digital Ph meter/tester
    Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer

To get you guys up to speed, I've germinated and planted 2 bag seeds, I planted the one on the 15th and it sprouted today. The other I planted on the 16th, and it hasn't sprouted yet.

Here's some pictures for you guys! :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 1 - Bag seed # 1 :hello::bongin:
    [​IMG]

2. #2 Jahlovepeace, Nov 18, 2010
    More pictures :):bongin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. UPDATE

Bagseed # 2 just sprouted!
    :hello::bongin:

Now lets just hope their girls... :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. #4 Jahlovepeace, Nov 18, 2010
    UPDATE

Left 3 days old, right 2 days old, they were stretching a little bit, so I moved the light 2 inches closer. Still haven't received my Hanna PH meter, hoping I'll get it tomorrow.

:smoke:
    [​IMG]

5. UPDATE

Something stupid happened to me today, I turned my lighting off for 15 minutes, I was told to do this every week. Anyways when I went and plugged my ballast back in, my MH wouldn't re-ignite, anyways to make a long story short, I'm now using a HPS bulb straight through harvest.

Is this gonna be okay?

And I also received my Hanna PH meter in the mail, I'll be testing the PH shortly, just need to buy the storing and calibration solutions.

Here's some pictures under the HPS, they looked a lot better under the MH, but this photo was right after they had been without light for like an hour, and then just under the HPS for like 10 minutes.

Day 9 - Bagseed #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day 8 - Bagseed #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Group shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Temps/Humidity
    [​IMG]

I'll take some close-up pictures of the northern lights x big bud sprouts tomorrow, 4/6 have sprouted, hopefully they continue to do good under the HPS. :(

6. Hey everyone, here's some pictures of the NL x BB sprouts, 5/6 have sprouted, and I'm pretty sure the 6th one isn't going to sprout. It's just a stem, and it looks like the top is stuck together and wont open, will see what happens.

Anyways here's the pictures of the sprouts, some of them have yellowing on the cotyledons, it's probably PH related, I've been watering with non PH adjusted distilled water. But some of the sprouts, seem to be bright green and doing fine, so I'm not sure..:confused:

But I'll be getting seeing what the PH is shortly, just have to buy the calibration and storing solution, before I can use my Hanna meter.

Group shot
    [​IMG]

Day 4 - NL x BB # 3
    [​IMG]

Day 4 - NL x BB
    # 2
    [​IMG]

Day 4 - NL x BB # 1

[​IMG]

Day 4 - NL x BB # 4

[​IMG]

Day 3 - NL x BB # 5

[​IMG]

Day 3 - NL x BB #6 - This is the one that hasn't opened yet, just a stem.. dead?
    [​IMG]

7. Nice set up dude. Keep posting, I'll follow you through. Im about ready to harvest if you want to take a peak at my grow.

Gl happy holidy man.

8. FIRST POST:hello::bongin:

Thanks for the good vibes man, hoping all will go well. I'll go take a look at your grow, and good luck to you man.

9. Do I win?

10. YUP! :smoke:

Quick update, NL x BB #6 turned out not to be dead, the cotyledons were just held together by a part of the seed, she's doing well now.

:)
    Day 3 - NL x BB #6
    [​IMG]

Group shot
    [​IMG]

11. Nice looking babies. I got 3 at about the same point.

12. UPDATE

Hey everyone, the plants are all doing good, I'm going on Tuesday to get everything I need for my Hanna meter, and then I'll be able to see what the PH is. I gave the two bag seed sprouts to a friend of mine who has a large flowering room, and he's going to continue to grow them at his place.

Here's some pictures of the Northern Lights x Big Bud sprouts
    , they don't look awesome, but they don't look horrible ether, I'm guessing it's do to the PH being off, but I'm sure they'll rebound nicely once I get that under control.

I've been watering once every other day with 150ml of water per plant of distilled water. They dry up quickly do to the low humidity, haven't been able to keep it much higher than 32%. Will they be alright through veg with low humidity?

Group shot
    [​IMG]

Day 8 - # 3
    [​IMG]

Day 8 - # 4
    [​IMG]

Day 8 - # 1
    [​IMG]

Day 8 - # 2
    [​IMG]

Day 7 - # 5
    [​IMG]

Day 7 - # 6
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking:smoke:

13. Hey everyone :wave:

I went out today and got everything I need to use my Hanna PH meter, so I tested the PH and it turned out to be a little low at 6.2, so I'll be adjusting the PH next time I water.

At what size do you guys think I should transplant into the 1 gallon pots?

4 on the left - day 10, 2 on the right - day 9. :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. they look very healthy
    good luck brother!

15. Thanks dude!:smoke:

16. #16 Jahlovepeace, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    UPDATE :smoke:

Two on the left and two on the right - day 17, two in the middle - day 16.

All the plants have been doing well, I've been trying to keep the run off at 6.5, and I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots a few days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]