6 Inches and Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokentoke, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Ok, this is my first time growing and I planted my plant about 5-6 weeks ago. I'm not sure on the strain, friend just gave me some seeds to use for my first grow. My plant is about 6-7 inches tall from the dirt to the top of my plant. To my it already looks to be flowering. Does this sound right? I thought they got a lot bigger.

The plant has been outside all it's live getting direct sun for about 9 hours a day. I'll post some pics later.

2. Buds form whenever the photoperiod tell them to, no matter how large the plant has gotten. Read, Read, Read.

3. dont expect more than 7 grams. sorry. better luck next year:hello:

4. LOL. What are you taliking about man? He could easily get 7.3 or 8.146 grams.

• Like Like x 1

5. lol your right. i should have done my research

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey Smokentoke -

MJ plants start to flower/bud based on light cycle hours that they live in -- not on how old the plant is.... (That is why indoor growers use longer light (18 light - 6 dark -- or -- 24 light - 0 dark) hours during the vegetative cycle and then go to shorter light cycle (12 light - 12 dark) to make the plants flower or bud.

If you planted seeds only 6 weeks ago your plant did not have time to (veg / get big) before the flower/bud cycle started. If you planted your seeds back in May or June your plant would have grow big and then started to flower.... End result being a bigger/older plants which means lots more buds! Smaller/younger plants not very much bud!! Get it??
    Great learning experience for you…

Next summer start earlier and let you plants grow big before the natural light cycle (outdoors) changes and tells them to start the flower/bud cycle. Enjoy the little bit of bud you get this year!! (It always tastes better if you grew it yourself!!) Make sure you don't harvest it to early and then you dry it right and cure it before you smoke it! Read about how to do this here on the forums. The correct dry/cure process will make a huge difference in quality of your smoke!

I hope this helps.... (let me know!)

Kisses -
    Hott;)

7. I'm having same problem. My plant is already on week 3 flowering and she's only 6inch tall. I'm gutted to hear that i will be getting only 7-8grams :-(

Attached Files: