6 foot bong question

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Hideaway, Apr 28, 2015.

1. #1 Hideaway, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    This is my very first post so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section or any other error I make. Recently I won a 6 foot acrylic bong at my local headshop for 420. Since it's not very convenient to have a 6 foot long tube, although it's pretty dope, I had an idea to cut it into sections and put something like o-rings on each end so you could attach and detach them. My question is has anyone heard/seen a post/fourm on something like this? Tips, suggestions, ideas and creativity are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Use a stick and tie some hempwick to one end...or invite some people over.

Personally I would just cut it with a saw and use duct tape.

3. this would be the most reasonable thing to do I would think

4. Use a stick and hemp wick how?

5. Get a stick. Tie some hemp wick on the end. Light hemp wick so the stick is an extension of your arm.

6. Instantly made me remember this haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZHnGshksbg
    Just sell it and get a functional bong.

7. Do bongs of this size give good hits? I imagine some staleness takes place

8. ....make lasso with hempwick, wait for someone to walk by, lasso them and beat them with stick until they agree to light your bowl.

9. I wouldn't cut it down. Honestly, the bong wouldn't be nearly as cool if you did that. If you don't like using it because it's so big, just clean it up and put it in a corner as a conversation piece.

10. dont cut it dude that would look ghetto as fuck lol. just keep it as is and use it when friends are over.

i have a 6fter too but it just stays in the corner out of the way until called upon

11. I'm with everyone, don't cut it

It might not be nything great but it was free,
    be sure to remind people where you got it from.

**Gotta support the headshop that hooked you up.

12. 6 Foot bongs do not taste well.

You have a 6 Foot bong, to say you have a 6 Foot bong.

13. My lungs could not handle a six foot bong :eek: it's cool, but it seems like a novelty at best.

If you do want to try cutting it to remove and reattach a piece(s) of it, measure the diameter of the bong, and look at a local hardware store for some rubber gaskets that you might be able to use for that. Personally, I think you'd be best off selling it for something more practical, or just keeping it around for the occasional ridiculous toke session with your friends. If it's carried out smoothly, your idea would be pretty cool though.

14. I think you should mount it on the wall horizontally. That would be real easy to do and look kind of cool. You could put it above a door or something.

15. I think you should take it to your local LARPing* area and use it as a sage staff.

Show those nerds a good time haha

*live action role playing. For the record I've never done it.

16. Do you have a fire place? It would look great over the mantel. Dont cut it, its a 6 footer.

17. We use to LARP back in high school, we had a nice group or 20-40 people.
    Somenerbs but mainly just average joes wanting to feellike they were in the middle ages!
    *we only had hand weapons,no launching your weapon or any sort of mage.

18. #18 Mister Meaner, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Get giant "S" hooks and hook them on the top, and fill the bottom with sand. Voilà! Instant coat rack. Then if its chilly when you go out to get a reasonable bong, you know where your coat is.

19. Get a shit ton of ash catchers and stack them till you are able to light it

I made a four foot bong once.  When taking a hit, by the time the smoke finally reached your mouth, your lungs were already filled to capacity with air.