6/18 Flowering Cycle?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by etnad0, Oct 31, 2011.

1. I've been reading the site for a while now and I know a 12/12 is the norm in flowering, but what would happen on a 6/18 cycle? I heard the dark increases trics and THC. I was also reading that light destroys it. If the above is true, would a longer dark period during the flowering process make the bud more potent?

2. Unless it's a auto it would need at least 10 hours light to photosynthesis

3. Would a 10/14 produce a more potent bud or should I just go 12/12?

4. id stay with the 12-12 for safty issues 2 extra hours i feel wouldnt be to much of a bonus

5. I've heard speculation that dropping down to 10 hrs on at the end can speed up the finish time, but the only reason I would deem this beneficial (if it even works) would be if there was some problem that required (and I mean REQUIRED not "would-be-nice") for the plants to be chopped sooner. I had some late outdoor that had to come in because of weather once. We had cutworms so bad that we tried this. I can't say if it really worked or not, as we ended up chopping a lot of them early anyway. I think the 12/12 through the end, save the 24-48 hr pre-chop dark-out, is still the best.

6. Thanks for the input. I probably will just go with 12/12 and finish up with a 24-48 hour pre-cut darkness.

7. I step my lights down, 12-11, and 10 for the last two weeks. It hasn't cost me any yield at all. I find the plants like it as is its more natural. I think in the future I may try going 14-13-12 because then I'd being keeping the light more like what it really is during the traditional season.

8. Corection, I didnt loose any smell, flavor or yeild.