6 * 11w 6500k cfl bulbs in a 1ft by 1.5ft grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deathstar444, May 11, 2013.

1. Hey guys i just wana know if i will be able to grow 2 plants under that 6 11w lights? i dont have any money rite now to buy more lights. thats all i had in the house. I live in south africa and i dont know that i have even seen a cfl bulb with a wattage higher then 40w.

2. they make much higher wattage bulbs, but money is tight so not an option. you could definitely start 2 plants, but would eventually need to invest in a quality setup.

3. I checked online for bulbs in s.a but the highest wattage that i saw was 20w. I thought growing outdoors. I live on a farm so here is lotsa space but i dont want my parents to catch me growing. So i started this project in my room. I got 1 computer fan for air intake and 1 for out aswell.

4. well if that's all ur limited to then try it out. couldn't hurt to try but don't expect it to yield much

5. Haha well your plant will eventually stink so they'll find out. Maybe start 2 and then keep the healthiest one that's female. A general rule for lights is 100 watts per plant.

6. Yes ima try it out. Ill try and get some bigger bulbs in a few days. But prob still gona be cfl and around 20 to 30w bulbs. Mayb 3 of them at most. And when it comes to the stink then ill figure something out. Make a air filter or something. Im pretty good at making stuff. I even made the bulb sockets for my bulbs myself.

7. I know this maybe hard to do right now. but you might wait to start you grow once you are properly funded. Doesn't sound like you wanna grow a rainforest so that's good. One for many MANY mistakes I di on my first run was I stated without the minimal right gear. I figured I get them as needed. Well my garden grew much faster than I thought which left me perpetually broke (the clinical opposite of a perpetual harvest ) :)