6 1/2 week flowering ???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Popeye, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hey guys, you think a slight cal/mg problem will slow things up at 6 1/2 weeks flower. Im working on fixing it but so close to harvest I dont want to be adding alot of shit when I want to be fliushing. For now Im foliiar feeding with 1/2 tsp per liter epson salt. What do y'all think?

2. Get some Blackstrap Molasses - its both a calcium and magnesium supplement (among other things).

1TBS per gallon - good stuff. Many swear by it during the final weeks of flowering (I used it throughout my grow).

3. I must agree with MrSmoke. Molasses is the shit when it comes to nearing the end of the flowering period its great, a must use.

4. That also flushes right. Can I use ferts longer into flower before flushing if using molasses. Also... is Blackstrap a brand?

Thanks for the reply guys:smoke:

5. Blackstrap is a type of molasses, you should be able to find it at your local grocery store in the baking aisle.

Mmm baking :smoke:

6. Flushing removes fertilizers from the plant - so when you smoke it it doesn't taste like fertilizer.

Molasses does not need to be flushed, most seem to think it improves the taste.

Its all natural stuff, lots of carbohydrates and what not.

Stop using fert at least 7 days before harvest, you can use molasses/water right up until your chop date.

7. Thought flushing was a myth. Iv read tons of shit about flushing on gc some ppl swear by it some ppl don't flush and they feed there babies to the end. Myth or truth? About
    Flushing take it to myth busters!!!

8. Thanks for the replys guys. I'll give molasses a try

9. I agree man. Who really knows if it does anything or not.

Logically, you would think that cutting back on nutes, it would force the plant to cannibalize itself (resulting in the common yellow leaves towards the end of flowering).

Whether or not thats a good thing, dunno. Some say cutting back the nutes forces the plant into a get-pollinated-or-die mode where the buds pack on a bit more weight as it assumes the lack of nutes = end of season.

10. But doesnt using molasses help flush? I've heard growers use it at the end as kind of a suppliment to help flushing and finishing. You guys know the actual benefits of molasses. As far as flushing goes ...I think if your plants cant handle 10 or so days without nutes its not as healthy as you thought. Any thoughts???

11. Not sure with what you mean by it helping flush. Anytime you use a liquid to replace an existing liquid - your flushing.

Current pot has water/nutes in the soil.

Your flushing solution will have water/molasses.

As you add the water/molasses, the PPM of nutes should lower so theres less nutrients.

Maybe you are talking about a full flush prior to your harvest countdown? Some people do a full flush (similar to what you'd do if you ran into a nute burn issue).

12. I duno...I just assumed that molasses sort of attracted the nutes to aid in flushing...kinda like a magnet. I thought thats why people use it before harvest. I've never used it so I not sure. I'm a little scared of trying new stuff with my babys...been burned with bad info in past and ended up just waisting my time and making my plants suffer.

13. dont think it works like that, its a suger/carb. think its more for resin and thc levels then any thing to do with removing nuts. also wouldnt worry to much bout tossing in molasses and having it burn plants.

crop coming down soon and guna flush the room but disconect a few plants and keep feeding them till they are pulled. flushed my whole life and now hear its a myth, time to figure out for myself.

14. Molasses is simply a natural source of easily absorbed sugars. People claim that it "sweetens" their bud so-to-speak.

As far as it attracting to nutes, it does act as a chelating agent which will bind to nutes, however as far as I understand, this only aides in nutrient uptake (not necessarily leaching/flushing) - but logically it would seem to benefit that as well.

One last thing - make sure its UNSULFERED molasses. And don't worry about it damaging your plants. Read up on it here on GC. Tons of growers use it, never heard of one person say anything bad about it (and that says a lot). I've also never read one single case where it harmed a plant.

15. Much Much thanks to you sir:hello: