5x5x7 Temperature issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MnMbuds420, Jul 25, 2017.

1. I have a 5x5x7 grow room I built out of plywood and lined with panda liner.. inside I have two 400 watt Metal Halide fixtures running which aren't air cooled.. I have a 6 inch 430 cfm intake fan as well as a 6 inch 430 cfm outtake fan for ventillation, the outtake is going out of a window outdoors and the intake is pulling air from the room it is in which is 70 degrees.. Inside my grow room the temperature is about 83 degrees when the lights are on, I have been trying to get the temperature down to around 75-78 degrees but I'm having a hard time doing it.. I have my outtake fan up high in the tent on one side and the intake down lower on the other side, I have been trying to straighten out the ducting for the outtake as much as possible to provide it with as best air flow as possible but I have no other choice but to make 1 90 degree turn in it out of the window.. also I have an AC in the room that the intake is pulling air out of...

I just purchased a Gavita Pro 1000e DE Fixture and would like to hang that in there and I'm worried that since the light would be more powerful then the other 2 are that I have running in there the temperature may rise even more.

does anyone have any advice they could give me on maybe things I could do to help me lower the temperature in my grow room?

2. If you have the funds, the faster you move air out the better, I would be looking at a 600+ CFM for the exhaust. You don't need an additional intake fan, just add some small air holes for a passive intake. The negatives air pressure inside the tent should keep any smell from lingering out.

IMO though, not that your asking, you're solid at 83, I wouldn't go out of my way to lower it if it wasn't an easy fix.

• Like Like x 2

3. I have a 4 inch inline fan I'm not using, it's supposedly 200 cfm from what I just researched about it online, I bought it a while ago and never used it because I figured it wasn't any good, you think adding this to the grow room with another carbon filter for outtake would do it any good?

Attached Files:

4. Probably gonna need more CFMs than you have going already. But I agree with above post. Your room, at that level, should produce fine. We tore everything down over the weekend and upped the air conditioner in our flower rooms to 10,000 BTU's and it's like my plants have been thanking me ever since. Don't think I've ever seen them quite so happy before. Temp makes a huge difference in the plant growing to it's fullest capacity. TWW

• Like Like x 1

5. Nice, the book I've gotten is saying that the most ideal temps are from 72-76 degrees so I was hoping to get around there.. I'm a beginner tho so my knowledge is just based off of my reading and advice from others, how true is that about the temperature and what should I really be aiming for if you don't mind me asking?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Duct & cool tubes?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Would it be bad to add a 4 inch exhaust with carbon filter to my grow room, that would mean I had a 6 and a 4 inch exhaust with carbon filters as well as a 6 inch intake ?

8. I'd imagine it be somewhat beneficial I'd go for it and see how well it works

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1

9. I was messing around with it today and shut off my intake fan but opened the door to my grow room and noticed that the temperature went down between 78 and 79 degrees... so I zipped my grow room back up and then added a longer ducting to the outside of my intake and made a sharp 90 degree angle with it to see if that loss in air flow would make some negative air pressure and lower the temperature at all.. the door to my grow room is sucked in some what, which I'm taking as negative pressure being created.. and the temperature dropped from 83.5 which was what it was today to now 82.0 degrees

• Like Like x 1
  10. 82 is fine to grow plants in imo so if you can keep it at 82 or below I'd say you are good

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1

11. I just bought a gavita pro 1000w de fixture I'm going to use during flower... right now I'm at 800 watts of MH Lighting between 2 fixtures so I'm kind of worried about the temperature rising even higher once I put that fixture in there

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well I know how to solve that issue... I'll take one of the MH off your hands.... but forreal you don't have to run both MH throughout all flower. You could just run one MH and the DE and maybe add the last MH back during the last couple weeks of flower. That's granted the temps get to high....

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1

13. Lol I got an extra one I could sell you for cheap if you're really interested honestly...

But here's my thing I'm in a 5x5 grow room I built, it's made out of plywood and solid.. lined with panda liner and I got 2 6 inch 430 cfm fans one for exhaust and one for intake, temps are really just annoying me at this point I just got home from work and it's 84 in there right now so idk if the negative pressure I created even helped it... if I just have 1 400 watt MH Fixture in there I don't think that'd be enough light for a 5x5 and 10 plants in there really, I mean would it?

I have an AC in the room the intake is pulling air from and it's set as low as it can go, I'm kinda stumped... I mean if I drilled another hole up high in the room for this 4 inch fan to exhaust out of with another carbon filter on it do you think it would really change anything?

It's staying hot around the canopy of my plants that's why I have the probe on my hygrometer set..

14. If you add a 1000W and the 400 I think you could get by flowering all of em... that's more than 100 Watts a plant I've seen people do much worse... towards the end of flower temps could potentially be easier to control as summer will be coming to an end so maybe the first month run the 1400 Watts and the second month add the second 400.. and as for HID I was just joking haha there's no way in hell I could run MH in my little 4 foot tall tent I barely control everything with my small LED's in summer as it is haha.

Grow journal

15. 83 is fine for veg. It's not amazing, but it won't affect anything. Just towards flowering you must bring it down though. To prevent mould. Not sure what season it is where you live in, but if it is Summer then it will come to an end by the time you are getting to flower.

• Like Like x 2

16. This is my first grow, and I'm going off of advice I find online and also Jorge Cervantes Medical Grower's bible.. from what I'm reading to get your colors to come out you need the temp at 75 with lights on and it to be in the 60's when lights off.. how true is that?

17. Some plants will show the colors without temp drops some require temp drops... As how big the drop idk it depends some go to around 55-60 degrees... cannabis can survive some serious shit so long there isn't some cold frost lol

Grow journal

18. Most people actually underestimate that nature is powerful. I was growing 5 Ak 47 plants outside. My other plants are fenced up so the dogs dont eat it. But these ones were not. I was too lazy to set it up lol. And this plant was only like a month old. It was really small. Probably only 4 proper leaves. Anyway, the dog came and ate these. The tops were munched up, it was pulled out of the soil, and everything. Everything was laying on the soil, with the roots out, and it was just dying. It was already saggy when I found it.

So I dipped it in rooting hormone, and quickly put it back into the soil. I should have put it in a jiffy pot but I wasn't thinking. I then fenced it up. Within 2 weeks, it was like nothing ever happened. Only one didn't make it as I think my dog swallowed it whole or it blew away from the wind. I dont know.

Anyway, this proves that plants can survive a lot. A couple degrees won't kill your plants.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was worrying a lot too. I'm in a 4x4 and I'll defiantly be flowering at around 30c, I'm two weeks in nearly lol. But it's summer I've accepted nothing else to be done. That being said it was hitting 32 before I doubled my fan to 410cfm. I also had a air tight hood which I don't think was so air tight, I also switched that for a cool tube. I'm in a 4x4 with a 600hps. I've still got This from gwe.com. I have low humidity and very good air movement it helps lol.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. So upping the cfm's of your fans helped you cool your tent? Did you up just the outtake or both intake and outtake?