5x5x6 tent heat questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by EffMeSilly, Jun 28, 2012.

1. hey guys new to growing, well i picked up some gear an aircooled hood, 1000watt hps with ballast, carbon filter 420 cfm fan, and of course the 5x5 tent.
    they were used and sold to me for 700 bucks from a good friend of mine!

anyways, ive decided im going to change bulb size and the ballast.
    reason is, im worried about heat (i live on second floor in an apartment)
    and the ballast i have now is a magnetic ballast.

i have decided on going with a 600 watt hps and a digi ballast..

how much heat do you guys think it'll emit?

2. With this growing tent, you can grow your beautiful in-door hydroponics plants easily, especially for seedlings. The exterior is made of commercial grade super heavy duty oxford cloth. The inner lining is made of highly non-toxic reflective silver water proof mylar. This unit is designed with exterior zippers so that you can setup and take down in minutes.

3. Kellypinto-> you real or a bot? Cause all your replies are always way off topic...

I ran a 600w hps in my 5x5x7 tent 6"cool tube. Temps were roughly 10-12f above ambient.

4. Also i didn't vent out of the room the tent was in, so if you vented to another room or outside, i would expect maybe half of the increase.

5. #5 RO76, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    Same here. 600W in C.A.P. LumeCool reflector with 450cfm Vortex -10-12F above ambient . So if your "room" temperature above 70-72f, do not even bother to start,unless you use CO set up.

6. Just reported it , so lets hope moderators will remove THAT from GC.

7. what kind of fan are you using for exhaust?

I've run 1000w in a 4x4 tent, vortex fan blowing out of the room with no heat issues at all.

8. If your ambient room temps are not to high and you can vent the air from the tent through the light and out the window. If your ambient is pretty high (above 75ish) all the time a portable ac unit in the tent venting the heat out with the light will solve the issue. Obviously running the system during the cooler hours of the day will also help control temps. I run my system from 11PM-11AM during the summer to take advantage of the cooler air.