5week into flowering, bottom leaves yellow and brown. why??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by goodtimeupnorth, Nov 3, 2009.

1. i am growing organic and use black strap molasses every other water, i have 4 cfls on her, i water 1 cup of purified water every two days. So i was wondering why my bottom leaves continue to do this?

Attached Files:

2. From my own experience that is pretty normal in mid-late flowering which is exaclty where you are at.

This current plant I am growing now, one day all of the fan leaves it vegged with just died. They were the oldest leaves on the plant, and they all just shriveled up and died within the same time of each other. The rest of the plant grew, and the buds are still putting on more weight daily. I think for some plants it's just a normal part of the life cycle. The use up what the leave are storing for them, and then it's gone.

3. thank you for your reply that is a major relief man thanks!:eek:

4. check run off water Ph. looks to me like your Ph is off, affecting the nitrogen uptake. some of your leaves look slightly schlerotic or splotchy, light & dark green leaves. this suggests Ph imbalance. It is normal for the older sets of leaves to yellow & wither, but not the way urs is looking. CFL produce a lot of heat. is there a fan? perhaps, heat is pooling in that one area of the plant & damaging the area. the leaves clawing down suggest heat stress to me....goodluck.

may be best to flush the plant instead of adding nutrients. I would flush her throroughly;, then after soil has dried 1 inch down from the surface, start your feeding regimen again at 30% of your previous dosing. the next water, 60% of your original doseage. gradually, bring back nutes. you have a while before this baby's done. it is so hard to do so little for your prize possessions, but, thats how i fuck up every time - doing too much.

5. #5 dan k, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
    no, cfls are not hot.

looks normal for mid-late flowering but check ph if you can
    just pluck the yellow leaf off its a goner

6. You could definitly check your pH, as you should do that when you can anyway, but I don't necesarally think it's a problem. I've seen those plants before in those blue buckets and I mentioned that you should have filled the soil all the way up to the top. Sometimes when a fan leaf touches the soil, or touches the container it will die. I don't know why exactly, I'm sure there is a reason, but it happens.

I wouldn't suggest flushing her, wouldn't really help I don't think, but maintaining a stable pH will.

If things get worse, then you have a problem, but as far as losing 1-2 fan leaves, that's nothing.

7. #7 goodtimeupnorth, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009

yea you have helped me in a lot of my threads :metal:

if it continues what do you suggest i do?

and the rest of my plant is growing fine.

Attached Files:

8. How much molasses are you using in your water? I only use molasses a couple of times per grow when watering. I use it in aerated teas, moreover for food for the tea microbes, than for fertilizer.

1 tsp per gallon a couple of times is sufficient. Here is some useful info on Carbs/Molasses.
    There is some scientific data behind this. Using too much molasses can do more harm than good.

9. oh shit yea ill slow down on that then

10. Look into ACT's (aerated compost teas) for feeding your plants. My fungal flowering tea super charges the microbe herd in the soil, and helps the uptake of phosphorus. (See sig) The plants reach to the lights when the micro-herd is happy.

11. thank you! gonna look into this.