5th week flowering and I don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Medi Cali, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Youre so close though! Keep it together. Its too late to fall apart. I command you to get the super glue and keep your shit together! Looks like it could be a magnesium P or K deficiency

• Like Like x 2
  2. 6.5 is a bit on the low side for runoff. Ideally you want 7ish PH. Did you order that PH kit from amazon that I suggested? I guarantee that will fix most of your problems. Soil PH is probably off.

3. What is the room temp? honest opinion they look on track.

• Like Like x 1
  4. whatever dankuverymuch said it is wrong. You never want your soil a neutral pH 7.

The ideal pH range is 5.8-6.5 when the pH falls too low or too high then your plant can't uptake essential nutrients. Causing your plant to gain more availability to nutrients like sulfur and magnesium, while losing availability to more important micro-nutrients like iron, manganese, and boron. Also pH at 7 or over can also cause toxicity of macro-nutrients like phosphorus.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah should have it to tomorrow I think

Barneys Farm - 5 Cookies Kush. My first grow (LED) (Indoor) (Soil)

6. Thanks, when I water what should my ph solution be at?
    Also, all my grow info is below if you wanna check it iut

7. #9 dankuverymuch, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    I disagree and I've posted two links that corroborate my suggestion of an ideal runoff PH of 7. There are many other webpages/forum posts that say something similar so do a bit of research if you need more substantiation. Yes, the water you give the plant should be in the PH 6ish territory. When this water seeps into the soil, the plants will consume the nutrients in the water which causes it to lose acidity and raise in PH, resulting in runoff with a higher PH. The runoff of my soil during my last two grows has been in the 7 range and yield/quality was pretty damn good. Anyone with the slightest bit of hydroponics experience will have a better understanding of the effects of a plant's consumption of nutrients on the PH of the water it is given.

Links:
    How to Check pH & Stop Cannabis Nutrient Deficiencies | Grow Weed Easy
    Measuring the pH of soil / soilless runoff

• Like Like x 2
  8. This is why you do organics. No need to check PH or any of that stuff, If you have any problems you simply use fresh water without any additives and things will go back to normal just leave it alone but if there is a deficiency all you have to do is top-dress with some good quality compost+kelp or compost alone and water in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well my run off is 6.5 so should I raise the ph of the solution I water with?

10. I wanted to do organic but I also didn't want ph issues and already had cal mag and then I wanted extra nutes so I used the tiger bloom :( I guess it was all a mistake

• Like Like x 1
  11. Every experience is a lesson. You only become wiser my friend.

12. #14 dankuverymuch, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Growing with synthetic nutes isn't inferior, amigo. If you get your PH dialed in with the kit, you can get better yield than from plants grown completely organically.

Runoff ph of 6.5 isn't too far off the mark, but my guess is still that your PH is still off a bit. Let's see what happens when you start PHing your water to 6. Most of the issues I've encountered with unknown plant ailments looking like deficiencies have been solved by simply being mindful of the PH. The only major issue I ran into with my most recent hydroponic grow was letting the PH go down to 5.3 which caused nute lockout and hurt my ladies. They exhibited the same blotchiness and burns as yours are exhibiting now. Same principles apply to soil grows.

When you get it dialed-in, PH should be a relatively easy factor for you to control so don't let these organo-hippies deter you from experimenting with nutes. Synthetic nutes can be an amazing thing.

Edit:
    On a semi-related note, how did you come up with your nute schedule? There's been a lot of past grow journals involving FF producing some dank buds. Maybe check some out and see what type of schedule they're using.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I know a fair amount of growers from weekly meetings at my local collective who would whole heartedly disagree. And synthetic nutes with soil is one thing. When you get into the realm of hydroponics, the potential there to develop vast root systems with optimal yield/quality is achieved with the help of synthetic nutes. There's a reason that most dispensaries in California stock their top shelf with stuff grown in hydroponic settings. Not organic.

I've also come across a few side-by-side comparison grows and they all resulted in synthetics generating higher yield. I can dig them up if you'd like.

And I've only really ever heard of growers switching from soil, organic or otherwise, to hydroponics. Never vice versa lol.

But I suppose in the end we'll have to agree to disagree. Guess herb is herb after all.

Cali, let us know how the plants are looking after your Ph your water.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't need studies or links, I have experience.
    Yields can be matched but the quality is uncomparable to nature, and don't forget the biggest plants ever were grown outdoors in organic matter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #18 dankuverymuch, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    If space wasn't a limitation there's no reason that a synthetically-fed, indoor grown plant couldn't match or exceed the size of plants grown organically. It's a matter of allowing the plants roots the space to spread. Not a matter of organic or inorganic nutes.

And incomparable to nature? Humans are constantly producing innovations that either improve on a natural process or replace it altogether.

And experience is limited to one person. Research is a lot better indicator of the actual facts since it tends to be less tainted by personal bias and is the sum of many experiences/observations. Personal experience is generally a poor representation of the facts.

But, grow how you like. Not like I'm gonna come to your house dressed up in my Sunday's best with the intent of converting you to the good book of hydroponics.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nature is a living organism providing all the key functions and deep minerals we cannot access today when and where the plants need them. Even if we somehow did, some of these things simply don't function like they do in nature and can never be replaced. Its one big living organism and this is why plants thrive much better on the ground then indoors.

The other thing is the sun, Even the most advanced LED lights today don't come close to natural sunlight. There are energies and waves the sun emits modern science has yet to grasp let alone try to replicate through artificial lights.

The medium in Hydro/non-soil based is not alive or living its basically a program/system/routine. Its fixed not free and ever expanding/naturally adaptive with knew knowledge like nature is. Living soil has active micro-life/worms/bacteria/fungi and much more that all work together as a "whole" providing things to plants that cannot be replicated with synthetics.

I grow organics for few years now and the taste and quality is far better then anything indoors or hydro/synthetic grown flush or no flush that used to do and everyone else i know agrees as well. What's even more interesting is even though my soil is mostly of living organic matter it still cannot replicate the outdoor plants connected directly to earth.

The ultimate growing goal is to replicate nature which is why newer lights are being made that closer-replicate the suns energies and functions and people adapt and move to organics to replicate the Earth. Not the other way around.

I don't wish to argue either but i will not stand people being mislead from the Truth. We grow to replicate nature and always striving to achieve what she does just on her own with help of a gigantic star and we still have a long way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Everyone needs to stop arguing, and freaking out..

My friend there is a simple explanation for this. It is called autumning off, just like the leaves on the trees are slowly sucked of their sugars before the tree goes to sleep for the cold months, and the leafs on the tree turn yellow. This can happen earlier on in the flowering cycle and I wouldn't be alarmed.

If you are completely alarmed give them a good flush and pH back down to 6.2 doesn't matter what the pH was before just get it to 6.2 after a nice flush if you feel you need to, but personally I wouldn't do a thing.. this looks just like the plant is starting to autumn off or near the end of its life cycle. Can you provide pictures of bud structure looking at the canopy instead of from above? This would give me a little more insight as to how far along you are from optimal harvest as your plant is now indicating to you its trying to end it's life cycle slowly. Basically she's going to give her all into those buds, and suck her leafs yellow even crispy, and falling off. She will do much to plump her buds up, after all she is a weed.

Good luck my friend, happy growing, and bountiful harvests.

-V

Sent from my SM-G850W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3