5J's PC grow Build to Harvest Scrog

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 5Jperday, Aug 3, 2011.

1. My camera takes beautiful budshots, 720p video recording and 14mp pictures with a 30x zoom, for around 130$
    Nikon L120
    its in their coolpics line but takes SLR quality pictures, with a steady hand a budshot comes out beautiful

2. Nice man I am getting a PC build soon, how come you decided to get CFL over like 70w HPS or MH?

3. #103 5Jperday, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012

just had look at it online, looks real pro man. that price is great. ive just ordered myself a samsung SH100, its a bit cheaper but its 14MP, 720p video + wifi file transfer which is basically why i bought it. I saw some sample shots in a review and saw it was plenty enough so ordered it, only costed $100ish. Its only got 5x optical zoom but im gonna buy a magnifying glass i can zoom into to get trich shots, il see how it goes first.

Well for ease really, i figured instead of having to wire up a ballast and that added security risk and such. I think its plenty enough for 2 autos anyways. The PC is really for just experimenting.

Ive ordered my HPS ballast and bulb for the filing cabinet and i figured to take advantage of my cool situation its a dimmable 150w/250w/400w and im going to be running DWC next round the root temps will be perfect and i might even be able to crack it up to 400w if i lower the screen a little. If not, 250w is damn plenty for that size, hell 150w would have been fine :)

heres some sample photos of the camera coming tommorow or monday, pretty decent.
    Samsung SH100 Review - Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG

400WATTnofan.jpg picture by ronniemac47 - Photobucket

pic of the ballast attatched. I have a sylvania grolux bulb which i think is either the best or 2nd best you can get + going to use my old adjust a wing reflector in there, so hopefully its going to be some heavy shit..

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the reply, yeah I guess you're right. I decided on the CFLs of 26w @ 104w total over the 70w MH even though the lm/w is ~62 vs ~83. Light penetration isn't of high importance in a pc at about ~1 ft^2. I sure love that the fact that CFLs are EASILY available and 6500k is available unlike the 70w MH @ 4000k which produces more white-yellow light.

5. #105 5Jperday, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
    Ok got my ballast today, dug out the old adjust a wing. gonna fit the lot before lights on hopefully.

Camera came, heres some pics of the Northern lights auto, gonna chop it either tonight or tommorow.

Some pics in next post of Filing cabinet grow + will upload some royal dwarf bud shots later on

Attached Files:

6. Follow up to previous post:

Attached Files:

7. how many days out of the ground is that Auto NL and also who's strain is it?

just looking to get an idea of how much longer my girl might have left, it's still not quite as plump as this but not too far off yet

8. I believe its about 12 weeks old, going on 13 from seed. it took alot longer than the royal dwarf, germinated at the same time. RD was chopped at 10 weeks from seed and only got about 2g of it left. They were both freebies from attitude when i bought my chocolope.

The trichs are about 50% amber now, but it took 1-2 weeks from about 10% amber. I guess NL is a longer strain i dont know.

9. cool, in that case, it explains why mine isn't finished quite yet

mine's been above ground going on exactly 63 days today... so 9 weeks, and i saw my first ambers yesterday, it's almost all cloudy though, there's a lot to be said for a screen, keeps everything around the same maturity as well as the same distance form the light

i might let it go another week or so to thicken up like yours

10. yea, i would if i where you. cloudy trichs are ok, but ambers get you mashed.....
    plus the when the calyxs swell they put on more weight :smoke:

11. #111 xLively, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
    Daaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm! How the FUCK are they that blue/purple. That shit is fucking crazy!

12. Incredible idea, that filing cabinet, very inspiring. Where does one get such a thing? For cheap

13. #113 5Jperday, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
    Yea man when i went to chop them i hadnt seen them since they where fluffy preflowers. And they where basically Black, was buzzin to fuck.

Thanks man!
    For me it was pretty funny, i had just finished my 1200w scrog and had to dial down my shit. I noticed in my garage where 2 empty filing cabinets that were about to be put on a skip. I ended up persuading my mom to let me keep one for my "work files, statements etc.."
    It was kind of an impulse move because they where literally about to be dragged out of the garage to be chucked on a skip and i thought i may aswell keep it incase i do want to use it.
    I would have loved to keep them both and do side by side 250w HPS Scrogs, would be completely awesome but that would have been out of the question keeping both. :smoke:

I think you could probably pick one up on ebay for maybe 50 bucks? sure there are tons about that nobody needs.

14. So how many O's do you pull in a PC box? Is it bagseed or brand name seeds? What fertilizer regime have you used and how do you keep the heat down with weak computer fans? Are there strong ones that do the job great out there?

15. well this is my first ever harvest with the PC grow box but my guess is about 1.4oz in total maybe a tiny bit less. The PC is more of just an experiment though. Im using general hydroponics lucas formula Heads coco method. The temps are probably around 80f so they arent perfect. The only thing i would recommend is relocating the PC into a cooler area, i find that greater CFM doesnt make much of an effect if the grow cab is located in a living area, at room temp of like 75f+

and they are both reputable seed co's, dutch passion + royal queen autoflowering strains. they came as freebies with attitude seedbank

16. Little update today.

1 - Chopped the Northern lights yesterday, its drying now in a cardboard box which i sealed because i have such low humidity, i waited 1 day before closing it completely tough.

2 - fitted the HPS into the cab today. Its set to 250w atm and it doesnt even seem that hot. Im a little annoyed because the ballast i got wasnt 150/250/400, rather 250w/250w super lumen/400w/400w super lumens. But still, 250 is fine so i didnt moan.

Also, the adjust-a-wing reflector was too big to fit in which was a shame, but i think it will be fine without it.

Attached Files:

17. and some pics of the last few Js of the Royal Dwarf

Attached Files:

18. Hi guys, ive created a new thread and will be continuing my journal / ventures from there. This thread has evolved so much and i want to start a fresh with all my new equipment.
    Northern lights Auto Harvest shots + weights will be uploaded

5J's Ultimate stealth Journal URL

19. #119 StangBanger, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    How come i cant see any pics?

20. 5j, did you order the air filter/light trap foam online?
    Cause I have looked at every store around me and i've been looking online and I cant find that black foam that will let air through