5J's PC grow Build to Harvest Scrog

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 5Jperday, Aug 3, 2011.

1. yea would be nice but no way i could afford one of those right now.

im going to have to find a way to get the heat away from the bulbs, im ordering some new pc fans so i know what cfm rating they are and i can get more efficient coverage.
    Im going to have the intake at the side as high as i can get it as to not restrict the airflow, and the extraction cut on the ceiling of the cabinet near the bulb or bulbs depending on the temps, then i will think about adding extra fans for the plant level.

2. Love this.. going to start my own PC thread in the next few days and join the club of nifty growers.

With the temps, try opening a window and get the room cool if you can? I'm just across the sea and shes getting well chilly here already!

3. [quote name='"quickTree"']Love this.. going to start my own PC thread in the next few days and join the club of nifty growers.

With the temps, try opening a window and get the room cool if you can? I'm just across the sea and shes getting well chilly here already![/quote]

Good call on opening the windows! As long as you got your odor under control I don't see why you wouldn't go for it

4. here is a post i read earlier on GC about calculating either how much ventillation you need and how much lighting you can put in your grow room, if your having problems with temps i suggest you give this a read its the post at the bottom.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/472990-how-do-you-calculate-what-cfm-you-need.html

It has helped tremendously, its just like any physics equation, i worked out that at 60 M3 hr of airflow with 45w CFL should raise the temp by 2.1 degrees, adding a 2nd would raise 4.2 degrees C ambient.

im going to get more than 60 M3 hr and then we i apply a light trap it should be fine.
    I guess at the moment whats happening is that i have 60 m3 hr airflow at best, which i guess is reduced by maybe even half because its an inch away from the wall. Then a further 20% ish is being reduced by the light trap. So the temp is rising almost 5 degrees.

5. Wow man love the colour of the purple:)

6. Put a fan directed at the lights. Maybe that will help. It does for me.

7. cool cab. looking forward to seeing more

8. #68 5Jperday, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Yea thanks mate,
    really going to try have alot of stuff going on in this journal and keep it going perpetual style once its all ready and i have cuts from the Strawberry + pineapple.

Also incase people didnt know i origonally had 5 pineapple and 4 strawberry but i gave all but the 3 that you see to a friend who put each 4 under a 600 each in cocoa with the canna line.

i will try get some shots of them for yall if i can when they are flowering and stuff.
    (think they are on week 2 flower so far.)

il upload some pics of the mothers in a while.
    they were topped about 4 days ago. Apart from 1 strawberry which is being Spiral Lsted which i will scrog.

About the filing cabinet, im just waiting on some 6 inch ducting that i will glue to the holes i cut at the back and use the ducting as light traps

9. Thought id post what been happening so far,
    ive sorted out the temps in the cabinet, its 24 - 25 (low 70F) with the 45 in which is enough for mothers.
    I transplanted the 3 Pineapple + strawberry haze into 2l pots with canna coco and flushed and started with 1ml A + 1ml B per litre.
    They are kinda yellow because of how long i left it before transplant.

Atm, there is 1 Strawberry in the PC, 1 Strawb + 1 Pineapple in the Cab. The strawberry will be used for my Scrog, either that or i will 12/12 it with some of my freebies from attitude.

Also the 2 mothers where topped about a week ago and you can see the 2 tops that have formed on both. The pics are about 4 days ago, i will post some new ones when i have something more to report

Attached Files:

10. dont know what to do,
    I have Auto northern lights + royal queen germed, and the 3 plants vegging away.

I want to get some green coming in fast but if i use the strawb from the cab as Scrog in the filing cabinet, it will be 14+ weeks before its ready.

I was thinking of maybe Germing my attitude freebies and 12/12ing all of them when they are fairly rooted to save time, also while the 2 x autos are in the PC.

I have Paradise Wappa, Nebula, Sour AK, Chocolope + a few others i could use instead of the Scrog but im not sure..

any suggestions?

11. coco is awesome.
    im currently feeding them 1.5ml / litre A + B (3.0ml in total) and they are loving it..

its only been 1 week and they have grown incredibly.. i will upload so photos later on.

the Big cabinet is basically completed now, all i have to do is figure out how to stop light coming out of the front, maybe with foam or something?

oh and also, since i made those lightraps in the cab, it can handle 90W no problem. They are basically touching the bulbs and the temps are 24.5c in there.

12. hell yeah im subscribing right now start your lst those buckets look big for tht case!

13. thanks man, yea they are being LSt right now. those 2 you can see are my mothers and they wont grow any taller than they already are, il just tie em down or take cuts.

Just waiting till i have completed the Big cabinet until i can 12/12 anything, I have 2 autos, Northern light + royal Dwarf that will be flowered in the PC case while im scrogging the Big cabinet so i have something coming.

14. aiit so time for an update.

these 1st set of pics are of the Mothers in the cabinet + the Auto northern lights and Royal Dwarf seedlings, they are 4 days old. i topped both sides of the strawberry haze mother to get it to bush laterally, the pineapple is much bigger, there is about 20 countable branches and the majority are ready for cuts.

The NL is on the left, its a little more mature as its had an extra day since it sprouted.

Attached Files:

15. Ok heres the progress on the build.

Ive secured 2 x E27 bayonet adapters in parallel onto the front side and im planning on adding an extra 2 onto the other side so i can have like a 125w red in the middle and 2 x 30 or 45 reds on either side.

I dug out some old propagation lights i had also 2 x 23w fluros good for vegging that will help for now. Hot glued an extension chord in at the back so theres only 1 cable coming out atm.

Ordered some Thick single sided adhesive black foam to put around the frame of the drawers so the foam on the drawer frame will press on the foam around the cabinets frame which should hopefully solve light leaks. So im just waiting on that and the silicone and its ready to grow :smoke:

Also the strawberry is doing excellent in the PC it really took off over the last 9 days since it was transplanted, dozens of branches ready to take cuts from but ima leave it until the circle has completed then maybe let it go for the Scrog.

Lemme know what you think :)

Attached Files:

16. wow, you have a lot going on here!

good luck, i'll keep watching

17. #77 nomotivation, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    kinda in the same boat but i'm working with a bigger space, definitely going to need a scrog for the yield im prospecting. trying to grow out of stacked rubber maids in my closet. so far routing wires from my psu has been a bitch im glad you posted how to measure cmu. anyway optimally i'm looking for 3 oz once again noting i'm using a bigger area. what you have here is really well executed congrats man I hope you eventually can yield 2 os. when I originally posted that comment I was curious if I wanted to do it in a pc case, but its just too small for me

edit: that sounded really awkward but fuck it

18. hehe thanks for chipping in,
    Scrog is definately the way to go in small spaces, especially if there is a height restriction and not so penetrative CFl's.

and yea the PC cases are a little small, its not enough to produce personal smoke for a whole cycle, but they are good for experimenting and Vegging mothers / cuttings :)

19. What's this about a 3000W scrog?:D :D :D

20. hehe,
    glad you asked.

I will be helping a friend with his setup, doing 5 strawberry hazes with 600Ws, the cuttings are rooting right now. They are just formed and id say in a few days they are ready to go :)
    will hopefully be growing some beasts like the old lemon scrog

as to the progress with the current setup, ive been rebuilding some aspects of the cabinet as the temps wernt too great. I will be building some sort of perspex air cooled cover for all the lights so i can fit higher wattage in there.
    I have all 3 in there atm vegging up nicely, im thinking of using all of them to cut down veg time and start new mothers from the cuttings.

Il upload some pics tommorow.