5J's PC grow Build to Harvest Scrog

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 5Jperday, Aug 3, 2011.

1. heres some more cus im buzzin so much.

The smell is unreal, ive only cropped 4 differnt strains but this purple had the strongest smell of all, Very fruity skunk undertone.
    also a very sweet essence to it. and the crystal on them is incredible they look dusty, sugary in the cabinet atm.

i have an ONA block in there under the extraction fan of the cab and it reeks straight through it.

i apologise beforehand for the quality of the pics, it was kinda hard taking them in the dark, especially with the shit phone ive got.

Enjoy
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. daym that shit looks sticky icky!

3. :smoke:

4. Nice dude...

5. so got that stuff in jars now, i purposely left out a few buds of each strain to not cure so i can compare them to the dried ones.

Also because i dont want to lose the smell, which seems to happen as soon as the 1st bit of inner bud sweat is redistributed.

So far, the curing buds have gotten wet again on the outside and dont smell at all. wheres the one in my mini jar with the lid open smells as dank as ever, when its squeezed it reeks exactly like when chopped.

Is there something im meant to do when curing to avoid losing smell, or is this expected to happen?

6. Daaaaaamn i love the fusion of colors

7. thanks man, should have some new pics up soon. My phone that i used to take pics got stolen but my friends been nice enough to help me out with a new one.

Yea man, i was sooo shocked when i stumbled upon them, as the last time i saw them it was all green and the buds where about a week past preflowers and just white buds

Ive never actually even seen purple bud, so seeing this plant made me soo damn happy :)

The stuff is soo frosty cant wait to upload some pics for you guys

:smoke:

8. dude you say mine are looking good, well i think you were being nice to me, because they look SWEEET!, put mine to shame,
    how did you dry?, i havent really got anywhere dark so bit worried to dry it out in my bedroom which is only dark at night time.... couldnt possibly amaging looking at my bud the next day and seeing mould on them!

9. haha thanks for the kind words man.
    And what ive been doing so far for drying is hanging them for 3-4 days maybe 5, just until they get dry on the outside then jarring them burping like 4-5 times a day for the first few days, twice on out for like 10-20 mins each day, stems are still bendy, but they feel asif they are getting close to snappy.

Ive read up quite alot on curing and that seems to be the way people are doing it ive also got a hygrometer in one of the jars and i read a post somewhere that if you do that you can see if they are too wet to jar by the RH %.

anywhere around 50-60% is ideal for curing but less than ~35% is abit dry, i think under 20% is not curing

10. sounds good, ive got a few little buds hanging up, guess ill leave them for a while longer then before i jar them, thanks for help

11. Sup dudes,
    been working on my cabinet once again, got most of the stuff done now, all im waiting on now are the Black A4 sheets i ordered to make my light traps out of and i can put the fans in and its good to go.

Theres only a 125W red in there atm but i think i might add a 2nd one depending on the temps. Im probably going to swap the 125w red with the blue in the PC that my Strawberry + pineapple are under so i can veg for my Scrog in the filing cab. Also Going to put the mothers into the small cabinet under just 45w blue so i can start up my Northern lights + Royal queen autos in the PC.

Guess i will need to order a 2nd 125w red in the future.
    anyways enjoy :smoke:

Attached Files:

12. Cool setup. I was thinking how handy one of those would be when I was building my cab.

How light proof is the door?

13. thanks man,
    i havnt actually ran it yet with the light on but i am guessing in its current state some light will get through.

My plan is to get some white plastic sheet that i will either roll down, or velcro shut evertime i open/close the cabinet which should block any light leaks from the front.

14. Subbed.

looking forward to seeing this grow haha

15. :wave:
    nice 1 mate,
    will be good to have you

16. hiya guys, ive been meaning to update but im having a few issues atm with my plan, the strawberry + pineapple are vegging away nicely atm while i decide what im doing.

Basically, the mini cabinet is too hot to put even 1 x 45w in there. it was reaching 88f, it was ambient temp around 85f though and its only about an inch - inch and half away from wall both fans are on the back.

I have ordered some fresh chipboard to refit to the back so i can retry where i put my holes they wernt a good spot.

Q
    But i need ideas, anyone using micro grows have problems with temps and how did you fix it?

I also have to add light traps too it.

17. Good luck man keep us posted

18. [quote name='"5Jperday"']hiya guys, ive been meaning to update but im having a few issues atm with my plan, the strawberry + pineapple are vegging away nicely atm while i decide what im doing.

Basically, the mini cabinet is too hot to put even 1 x 45w in there. it was reaching 88f, it was ambient temp around 85f though and its only about an inch - inch and half away from wall both fans are on the back.

I have ordered some fresh chipboard to refit to the back so i can retry where i put my holes they wernt a good spot.

Q
    But i need ideas, anyone using micro grows have problems with temps and how did you fix it?

I also have to add light traps too it.[/quote]

If your ambient temps are that high I would recommend putting it in a cooler room or getting a small ac unit for the room