$592

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Q Banger, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Toshiba 12k btu. It's the stand up model. It's a good AC I'm just not quite set up right for efficient operation during summer. Any other season my environment is almost perfect. From October till April my tent never gets above 85° naturally and I don't need the AC. Going to insulate the tent and see how it goes.

2. Maybe grow a bit more your other 3 seasons?

A break is always nice anyhow...

J

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got enough now to close up shop for a bit but I'm not going to kill the 4 autos and 4 photos I have going. It's not in my heart. Situation kinda snuck up on me plus I'm addicted to growing. Also my barter game is something viscous. Amazing what a pound of weed can buy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Do you only do one grow a year? If so just do what I do and start later. I start in mid July and finish around the beginning of December. In the summer my basement is a little to hot under the grow lights. But the problem tends to be more manageable because the plants are still young and at least for part of the summer I'm using less lights. By the time my plants are into late flowering the temperature is around 75 degrees with the lights on and 65 at night. Perfect for flowering. All I have to do is run a dehumidifier to lower the humidity down to the low 40's. And since the weather outside is already getting drier. It doesn't cost as much to run the dehumidifier as it would in the summer.

The timing can be a little tricky. I try to start as late in the year as possible. While still having enough time to finish all of the plants before it gets to cold. (I don't want to mess with electric heaters for several different reasons.)

I still have some heat problems from mid July through early September. But over all I found that this schedule works a lot better for me. Both because it reduces the heat problem somewhat. And also because it produces the perfect climate for plenty of trichomes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I grow 24/7 365. I would be depressed if I closed up shop. My whole plan was to lay low during summer. Then I germinated 1 auto then 2 3 4 you know. Did all of this when temps were already hot:bang:
    Oh well I'm going to ride it out. The irony of this thread is that I'm an HVAC technician:bolt:

• Funny Funny x 1

6. Everyone needs a HVAC connect in Cali, nice!

7. Omw to a side job now

• Like Like x 1
  8. This is your bread and butter time of the year.
    Go get that dough :thumbsup:

Keep doing the lords work sir.

9. How much insulation in the garage and roof?

10. Insulation is everything... I have a portable AC in my shed and when I tried growing without insulation temps would get to 100 in the summer even with lights out during the day. Vegging was horrifying and AC was constantly running causing the bill to hit +200 because of the grow. Heavy insulation saved me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fuck Po Po. They aren't going to mess with outside as long as it isn't in the front yard

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. If I had neighbors behind me I would do it. My backyard is bordered by a community trail frequented by hundreds of people, theives and bums amongst them.

13. My guy have you looked into a quiet cool garage fan? I have a whole house one by them, works wonders when the air outside is cooler than inside. I mean the wife says it’s like AC. They make garage units and house units. Check em out.

Garage Fan | QuietCool

Nevada Grown

• Like Like x 1

14. How much did the fan lower temps ??

15. I installed mine Sunday. I have not ran AC once. Just flip it on with a cheap wireless dongle from my phone and it pulled mass air. The house one I have can cover bout 2500sqft.

When I got home last night It was 78 inside the house. I have separate fans for during the day in my grow area, but after about 20min from switching the fan on the house is cooled down a few degrees and it feels like AC the whole time.

I have no experience with the garage one bit I assume it works the same. Adjustments.JPG

Nevada Grown

16. That electric bill is insane. My house is all electric. From the water (well water) to the heat (pellet stove) and everything in between. No gas no propane. (Propane I have is to run my generac in case electricity goes out)

My AC went out so i have two, 16k btu window units, one in the grow room which is built off of the master bedroom and it's used to cool the grow room and master. The other is across the house in a bed room that stays open and a few well placed fans cool that side of the house. One 10k but tower unit in the living room and another 10k btu tower in the guest bedroom if family comes over.

The two window units run 24/7 on energy mode so they cut on and off when ambient temps are met. Tower fan in living room runs about 16 hours a day.

My electric bill is under anywhere from $150-200 a month.

17. No kidding, And Lowes and Homedepot know what seems to be selling more in the garden department, and you just start watching "electrical". Nothing would ever move on legalization because there was no big single source of money to provide bribes with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It's not that much. My house is 2000sf. 5 ton unit. I have 5 kids from ages 10-19 all home all the time. 4 girls. Do you know how much kids cost? Constant laundry, showers and cooking, PlayStation playing. Outside temps are at or above 100° most days now. Thermostat in house set at 78°. I live in California. This is almost normal, sadly.

• Like Like x 1

19. I have one kid and 2100sqft.

Minus the additional kids I know exactly what you speak of. Kids are a money eating specimen lol. Heat well into the 100s in the deep south. Humidity, lol. West coast heat doesn't even compare.

But the kids itself will do it. Also my son is 7 and absolutely loves nature and being outside so the Xbox and games are limited. (I game myself but since buying a house on 7 acres my time is spent working around the propety)

I also have a small grow for personal use in a 2x4 which with the lights and fans etc only made my bill go up about $30 a month

20. What's the record temp in your city? Ours is 118°. Death valley is one of the hottest places on earth. No where in the south is even close. At least you have humidity.

• Like Like x 1