$592

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Q Banger, Jul 1, 2020.

1. That's my power bill this month after adding a 12k btu AC to my operation. Wife called and told me. I told her I'm going to quit growing and start buying again:smoking-bong:. She did the math real quick in her head and said "it's only like $200 more than last month". She knows damn well $200 is a bargain compared to what I was spending on herb. I was spending about $600 a month down to $0. We agreed the AC is not going to be a problem.:dance2:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. #2 Nex420, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Not bad at all. And we are in summer months.

If you want to save a little on your bill and get more harvest going, you can get a small tent for cloning and few week vegging, then just throw them outside.
    My electric bill for my little 24/0 LED maybe cost $25-35 extra a month.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have all that. My problem is I'm in the garage in Fresno CA where temps average 100+ from now thru Aug. We can't legally grow outdoors so I'm stuck trying to cool a hot garage. I'm not really worried about the power bill was just shocked truthfully. Had the AC outside of the tent but it never shutoff. This is the reason my bill was so high. Now I have it inside the tent and it cycles as needed.

• Like Like x 3
  4. R U venting the hot air out of garage also?

5. Yep. Thru the ceiling and out a roof jack. Able to maintain 79° inside tent. My veg tent suffers heat as a result. Temps there get mid 90s for a few hours before the outside air cools down. Have garage door open slightly and exit door open with a large fan circulating fresh air.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would bet your garage is not anywhere near air-tight, so leaving any doors open for vents is not needed
    should help lower the temps even more, is the AC a stand up model on wheels with vent hose out the back?

7. No it's not air tight. My garage gets hottest from about 3pm-8pm. If I don't have air movement the thermometer starts to climb faster. Right before lights on with my garage totally closed the temp is hovering around 85°. They shoot up 10° when lights come on at 6pm. From there till 8pm or 9pm the temp stays the same then slowly drops until about 10am the next day, where they start rising until lights off at 1pm. AC is stand up model vented with "6 AC duct. Exhaust fans in flower tent dispel cold air but not enough to cool anything.

8. Oh you aren’t a medical patient? That’s unfortunate.

I’d chalk that up to a success though, I know how hot my garage gets so that’s huge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Put AC in tent

10. My dog would just fuck shit up anyway. He's the type that thinks any new item in the backyard is his:lmafoe:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Insulate the hell out of it - will make an enormous difference.

j

• Like Like x 1
  12. I just got an email from my power company telling me I spent $18 more this month than my neighbors. And I'm freezing my ass off trying to dry a crop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. They know what's up. This is their money maker. Power companies were probably big proponents of legalization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. What type? Outside right?

15. ^^^^^^^

16. Yeah and the house is 2000sf. They also raised the rates recently I'm sure. When don't they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. what kind of ac unit? it cant be a minisplit. did my cousins house all ductless units. in south florida his bills are 80 bucks a month in summer.

18. Toshiba 12k btu. It's the stand up model. It's a good AC I'm just not quite set up right for efficient operation during summer. Any other season my environment is almost perfect. From October till April my tent never gets above 85° naturally and I don't need the AC. Going to insulate the tent and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. They wasted an Email Stamp - for $18.00?

Just goes to show ya - your neighbors dont know shit about drying and curing.

Enjoy!

j

20. They wasted an Email Stamp - for $18.00?

Just goes to show ya - your neighbors dont know shit about drying and curing.

Enjoy!

j

• Funny Funny x 1