56W Led ledgrow.eu, Lst, Organic, Bagseed. Vertically Challenged Real Micro Grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ak84, Jun 7, 2013.

1. wow im impressed! was that all with 56w LED ? that sheep sh!t is good stuff. I'm continually being amazed by organic grows.

Hey Joe, I actually ordered one of those mags, I don't think it'll be here for the chop though. I hope I'll use it for my other two plants!

Guess I'll have to roll the dice on the hermie seeds,no worries.

Thanks for  the fan suggestion too, it's a bit expensive but I guess it's exactly what I need. Looks like a good investment once I'm able to buy it. Is RVK a well-known brand that all you guys use?

Yeah man, I have a feeling that I should be supplementing with a bit of white light (just for ease of mind if nothing else) but I'm super happy with it so far.

Yeah, the goat shit seems to be working out too, don't it? I'm doing a lot of stupid errors on this grow, I don't have everything dialed in yet, but I'm possitive that I will be able to produce around a gram per watt in future grows. Plus edibles, of course!

Oh well, still running ahead of myself. Silly me xD

3. #23 ak84, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    Flowering Week 9! Passed the two month in flower mark like 5 days ago. 

Short picture update for the hell of it. Nothing particularly interesting at this point. Things are moving along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. This is probably the start of week 10! Harvested one plant a bit early because it was seriously hermieing out. Hope I won't have too many seeds in the rest of my plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. #25 joe 60, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    I remember my first grow, sitting back and smoking some good quality that I grow from seed, thinking I will never have buy weed again, thinking back about all the times got overcharged for poor quality bud and most the time its under weight

my bud cost me less than £15 a zip to grow and I used to pay £200 a zip

roll on the next grow and enjoy your dank buds :smoke:

6. good effort mate. Id be happy to see that in my stash.. next song ,haha.

Thanks Joe, I'm tokin on the popcorns that I earlier though were only good enough for edibles, ehehehh. It's good shit, but too airy! The buds in the drybox are just too hairy ,crispy and light. Stems aren't even halfway dry yet.
     We'll see how it goes with the other two, now that they've got some extra space as well.

Thanks mate, I tried!

8. The buds are airy because the buds are not getting the light they need,
    you did the best you could with the setup you have. so don't think you did anythig wroung

9. Awesome grow! I may be attempting something soon of my own and have a couple questions.
    1.)You grew 5 plants using 56 watts of LED, if I were only growing one plant, would a lower wattage of LED's be sufficient? Say one plant and a 23 watt LED?
    2.)You switched to flowering on the 25th day, is it okay to do so sooner? My space is also VERY small(hence only one plant) so I'd like to switch to flowering as soon as possible without harming the plant.
    Any help is great, thanks!

10. #30 ak84, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013

Hey nimbly, glad you like it!

I didn't actually grow 5 plants. I started with 4, but wasn't getting enough coverage on one of them (wasn't flowering properly) so I scrapped it and was left with 3, and I just cut the first one a few days ago.

I don't know if you can go any lower in wattage, even with leds; when in flower, I had to leave the house for 3 days and left the panel on at a lower setting (40something watts) which the plants didn't like and made them stretch a shitload. However, I don't know if the same would have happened had the plants not used to a higher luminosity (56w setting in this case).

As far as I understand, people actually suggest throwing certain strains straight to 12/12 and skip vegetative altogether. My sativa dominant plant (the singe-pot one) actually responded perfectly to both the LST and switching somewhat early.

Anyway, If you keep your pot small enough you should be able to flower in as small as space as you;d like. What are your available dimensions?

Finally, if you want to go lower in wattage, consider going for a 2-3meters of 15(or more)w/meter SMD LED Strips (5630). I will be supplementing my box with light from led strips in the future, I think it could be ideal. If possible, I guess you could go .5m deep red, .5m blue, 1 meter standard red and 1 meter warm white. I would also consider using the strips on the sides of your growspace and not only the top.

Required reading: -> http://www.rollitup.org/led-other-lighting/644336-leds-stripping-back-bs-vegging.html

11. 78 days in flower! My math may be way off! Point being, I started the seeds around April 20, vegged for less than a month (mid to late May) and now is the 7th of August.

First plant weighed in at 18g dry. Kinda what I expected from her, she was FLUFFY! So, I used her bones to spread out my LST a bit more on my two remaining plants... Which I may have underwatered a bit these past few days. I have high hopes for my single-in-the-pot girl, next time I will probably be single plants flowering in each pot. My shortie is also maturing, but she won't give much it seems. Probably shy of 10 by the looks of it, which would put me close to a zip for one pot. I expect Singe Girl to produce more than the two combined actually, but that also has to do with the strain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I'm using bagseed, so I'm not sure of the strain, so I will likely veg for a few weeks just to give it more future bud sights. My dimensions are about 30 cm wide by 50 cm tall and 40 cm deep. Not very big, I'll give it a shot though, thanks for the advice. First harvested plant looks sweet by the way.  :smoking:

13. #33 ak84, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
    Harvested 2 days ago. Wet weights 73g & 55g + samplers and trim which are not counted. I was confounded by the slow maturation (trichs were still mostly white with a lot of clear and very few amber) - at the same time, the plants were physically degrading. I've narrowed this down to ph imbalances due to too many compost and molasses feedings, suffocating soil (needed more actual perlite, instead of a shitty perlite mix soil) that did not drain or aerate well and excessive heat. Also, air circulation inside my box left much to be desired. A lot of stuff needs to be fixed. Not sure if I'll keep the box horizontal. Anyway, here's the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Great harvest!  Truly impressive what 56W of LED can do!

Thank you. I will let you know of the dankness or lack thereof in the next few days. The panel seems to be doing its job very well, but the grow was full of errors and hick ups due to my own inexperience. I'm pretty sure this panel can break 1g/w in optimal conditions.

16. Update with dry weights: ~25 for the big one and ~10 for the small one. The big one practically dried up a few weeks before actual harvest. The root system was gone and the plant was probably left way longer than it should have been. Big one isn't very potent but the small one is actually dank.